“Never stay here, mold everywhere”

Super 8 Williston ND
Super 8 Williston ND
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

this place is a dump and the owners should be ashamed of operating a business like this, if they didn't have haliburton staying there to cover the empty rooms it would be empty period, mold in the walls and ceilings, too

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank brandon g
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Williston ND

Reviewed December 1, 2011

If you're looking to stay in a hotel in Williston, you're going to have a tough time finding a hotel with vacancies. Our stay in this Super 8 (4 nights) was, well, not bad----not bad at all, especially if you consider the town we're talking about. The hotel is old, you can see that the moment you drive in the parking lot. The rooms are small, the premises well-worn, but if you've come to Williston, ND for a purpose, you already know things are going to be tough here. What made this hotel stand out was it's excellent staff - the front desk personnel are cheerful and helpful. The cleaning staff does a remarkable job. Breakfast is sorta bare bones but adequate. The beds are comfortable. The pool clean, warm, and safe. I stayed here with my daughter and 4 young children who were in the process of moving to Williston to be with their dad. We were expecting the worst out of lodgings that are mostly used by tough, single, male oil workers, but found that Super 8 has put together a staff here that's equal to the challenge.

Room Tip: Just GETTING a room will be a challenge, so don't try to do it online. Call the hotel directly...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarieZ850
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I've certainly been at places that are more dated and dirty than this one. It was clean for the most part, but needed the extras looked after, such as scuffed walls and dusty nooks and crannies. There were some updates, bedding and carpet appeared to be quite new, but furniture and wall hangings were somewhat dated. Shower head had many different settings for relaxation, but was low - I'm only 5'3" and it was just barely above my head. The kids enjoyed the pool, it was a nice area and also had a few arcade games to keep them busy as well. Be aware that breakfast ends by 9, not 10 like the average motel - this was inconvenient for us who were from a different time zone and had a late night, as we slept in a bit later than normal and found out we missed it. The lobby area was quite small and dreary, but the office clerk was very willing to give us ideas when we asked what types of activities there were in the area that would be good for families. If booking at this hotel, try to get a 2nd or 3rd floor room, as the first floor is a few steps down from ground level, so although you have a good sized window, it is at ground level and your view is of someone's bumper, as parking is right against the building.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Goodvaluetravel
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Don't get me wrong, I love the United States, its people, its towns and its hospitality...but this place really takes the biscuit. It took about half an hour to check in simply because I didn't have a US address - how could I, I don't live there?! When we finally made it to the room I was tired, really seriously tired and as a consequence I guessed my mind might have been playing tricks on me: the room had the odour of a 14-year-old dog with gangrene, there were pubic hairs in the bathing cubicle, stains on the carpet and the faint whiff or memory that a murder might well have been committed here in the not too distant past. My pregnant wife eventually fell asleep, notwithstanding the smell, but I was too strung out to nod off and instead spent the whole night gazing at the flimsy door and wondering when the rapists/murderers might burst in. Sure, we got out of there in one piece, but wasn't cheap, wasn't cheerful and its USP is that someday, many months after you've checked-out, when time and alcohol have taken their toll on your body and mind, you will mercifully have forgotten all about Super-8 Williston

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HerodCork
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Williston Super 8 and had a very unpleasant experience. After driving 10 hours, we arrived in Williston and started hunting for the Super 8. The night shift had neglected to turn their outside lighting on so it took several attempts up and down the road to find it. We finally got checked in and were concerned about the room from the beginning. There were several stains on the carpet and the smell was bad. We were so tired, we just told ourselves we'd keep our flip flops on when walking around in the room, and we'd make the best of it. After preparing for bed, I went to pull back the bedspread and was shocked by dried blood on the bedspread. Sickened by the sight, I hurriedly went to remove the bedspread from the bed when I discovered a large urine stain on the edge of the bedspread. It looked like a dog had been in the room and did his business right there on the bedspread and the carpet. In addition to the bedspread, there was the clog in the the tub so by the time you were finished showering, you were standing in several inches of water. Needless to say, this made for a very unpleasant stay at the Williston Super 8 Motel.

After checking out the next morning, I mentioned our experience to the manager, Ms. Carla Hurley. Her response was that if we weren't happy we should have let them know and we could have been moved to another room. I was annoyed, but we went out to our car and loaded our suitcases. I thought I really deserved a refund so went back in to talk to the Ms. Hurley again. She had, in the meantime, visited our room with her head housekeeper to see for herself. When I returned and I asked for a refund, she did say she was sorry for what had happened, but that we really should have asked for another room. She did say that she would never have stayed in that room. We were originally charged $74.78 for the room, but an adjustment was made and we ended up paying $41.55. Thinking about this experiece, I think I should have been the one getting paid to stay there. As a hotel manager, Ms. Hurley should have bent over backwards to try to salvage this disaster, and yet she made excuses and put the responsibility on me, her guest. I believe, as a weary traveller, I should be able to expect some basic cleaning standards when checking into a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank frzNmt
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel: Mud all over the parking lot, from all the pickup trucks working at the oil fields. Mud covered entrance mat, with mud tracks all over the entrance lobby. When I first checked in, there were spilled Doritos (or some other chips) all over the place, the disinterested slob working at the front desk blamed it on "renovations".

The room: older style, small room, with stucco ceiling and walls. A/C unit reaked of mildew when turned on, I had to go to Walmart to buy Lysol. Chairs had some unknown grease stains all over them. And, there was a public washroom right next to the room.

The town: this is a dirty mud-caked town, overrun by oil field workers. Every single hotel is booked solid every single night by the oil company's and their workers. Restaurants (ate at Granny's "family" restaurant) are overpriced, and food quality is terrible. This restaurant was dirty and if it was in any other city would be closed by the public health department. I guess the only choice is the town's Applebees (I guess you know what you'll be getting.)

The lowdown: The best part of the stay in this place was leaving.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank gomerpyle
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Touring north of North dakota and only had tine for 1 night stay so picked Williston as easy access over border from Canada.

Just wanted a cheap hotel and thats what we got.

It was fine for an overnight stay, the room was ok but no c reamer and sugar left with the in room coffee.

Went to reception but they had none either! Had to go to madjoining bar where they provided sugar and milk.

Good location and easy to find - breakfast acceptable

As mentioned, good value for the money

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple