“Run Down”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Absolutely needs a make over. The room was filthy and black mold growing in the bathroom. All I have to say. Oh overpriced

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank csnider69

Reviewed August 6, 2007

Comfortable bed, great shower, attached to nice Denny's Restaurant. All other features were lacking in Quality. Security system on access doors wasn't working. Building was old and in need of updating. No breakfast, although brochure states free breakfast. Area was questionable. This location did not live up to my expectations of a Quality Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RSmithClarkston_MI
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This hotel is old - which in itself is not a problem, but it is just plain dirty. The carpets need a vacuum, one of the refridgerators smelled and was so foul we wouldn't even open it and in one of the two rooms we stayed in the sheets simply were not changed from the previous guests - digusting! We got new sheets but the owner actual was rude in doing it. We were spending $120 a night and had dirty sheets and he was annoyed at us! what a miserable man. We then said we were leaving - he said fine but he was charging us for both nights. He did charge us as threatened and when we contacted Quality Inn Customer Care all they said was that we didn't cancel in time. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 7, 2007

I stayed at the Quality Inn Rome on June 1st. The AAA rate was $134.00. The place is rather tired looking. It needs a good cleaning with a stiff brush and a few coats of paint. Check in was easy and business like. The room was clean and average sized.The air conditioner was louder than a jet engine. The outside corridors were unattractive and littered with old jet engines...I mean airconditioners, waiting for repair or discarding. The exercise room is a joke. A few pieces of equiptment set inside the laundry room! Man,was it hot. The place wasn't terrible. I've stayed in worse. But the price is really ridiculous for what you get. There's an Econolodge across the street that costs less. I've never been there but I can't see how it could be too much worse than the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank verybigv
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I didn't even check in. The activity in the front lobby was enough to know better.

1- A man ahead of me had come in to fill out an application. The man looked fine to me. He was wearing jeans, but he was clean and well kept. The owner saw him, pulled the application away from him and told him he didn't like the way he looked and "We don't need your kind here". The /manager owner said he "looked" like a criminal.

3- There was a new person training at the front desk. I know she was new because as the conversation continued (while I was being taken care of by the other girl) she was fired. Evidently the new desk girl had a disability which required her to sit part of the time. She was sitting, typing at their computer and the owner told her that she needed to stand. She explained that she had a disability and it was not possible to stand for 8 hours without taking short breaks, but she could continue to work from the sitting position. The owner/manager told her that only "healthy people" were permitted to work there, she should have mentioned her disability during the interview and that she was being dismissed.

3- A guest complained that his room key would not open the door. A member of house keeping staff told one of the front desk people that they had been having trouble with that room for days, but nobody fixed it.

The guest also said he reported the problem earlier and had been issued 3 keys and the door still wouldn't open.

I would have thought they would have offered a different room, and would have had the lock fixed. However, nobody seemed to concerned.

I couldn't believe that all of this was going on right in front of me!

I have no idea what the rooms are like, but I didn't want to give my business and hard earned money to such a place

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank doxiehuahua
Reviewed July 26, 2006

This is an update to a previous review I left on this site. I couldn't find a way to update an existing review so I'm writing a new one. My previous post was about my stay for the 2006 Utica Boilermaker.

When I left the hotel I left a comment card that I had filled out. I left numerous complaints and suggestions as to how they could better serve their customers.

A few weeks after my stay there I recieved a letter from the hotel. Instead of apologizing for a bad stay they instead claimed that everything I had complained about was untrue. This was a bit insulting and just goes to show how little management cares about improving this hotel.

Also, as I mentioned in the previous review the computer systems were down when I needed to checkout. So, the person at the desk took my email address to send me a receipt. They did send me a receipt and also signed me up for their "Choice Hotels" mailing list. Sorry but I did NOT sign up to recieve spam. Luckily I used a throw-away address.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank endOfPath
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We checked into this hotel last Saturday evening and stayed in the room all of 2 minutes before deciding that we had to leave - it was just that filthy and smelly and unsafe! First clue was the vagrants wandering the parking lot, second were the empty beer cans strewn around the parking lot, third was the fact that the doors from the lot to the corridors were not locked! A quick circuit of the hall let me know that some of the characters in the lot were freely roaming indoors as well.

Then there was the filthy carpet and torn, filthy curtains (opened to reveal a man in lot peering in!). And the smell.

We went to the desk and indicated we could not stay and asked for a refund due to the smell. Manager/owner was immediately incensed and started yelling at us that we asked for a smoking room and on and on. So we left and went to the Radison in Utica (very nice). Called Orbitz to get a refund in the works, they conferenced in the owner and he kept insisiting we had asked for smoking. Orbitz disagreed with him, as did our confirmation sheet: "non-smoking room". He insisted that "K' meant smoking, Orbitz tried to clarify for him that "K" was for king bed. To no avail, and it's now with Orbitz for resolution.

Oh, and for this pleasure the guy has the gall to charge $150 a night! For that price in a third teir city and with a brand name, you expect basic cleanliness and security. Not from this place. Avoid at all costs!

4  Thank aj914
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Red Roof Inn Utica
#4 of 13 in Utica
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!