“Never Again !!!”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Hotel in general was terrible. You could see the outside from a hole in the door around the doorknob. The sink counter wasn't even attached to the wall. The walls in the bathroom were filthy. There were no towel racks to hang your towels on. No coffee maker in the room. Two of the three lights in the room didn't work. The air conditioner barely cooled the room. The outside and location of the place reminded me of something that would be in a chop em up horror film. AND THE BEST PART...... as we left the room in the morning,the older man,that I assume was the owner, followed me to my car saying " house keeping,house keeping" and stood behind me while I put my stuff in our car. He again said housekeeping and held out his hand. I told him I paid last night and he walked away. I don't know what house keeping he was doing, but it wasn't in THAT motel !!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 9, 2007

My wife and I stayed Saturday night and it was an OK place. It was very affordable for a Saturday night in Summer. The good--The staff was nice, the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The bad--the room felt like a prison with brick walls on both sides and there were about 10 spider webs with HUGE spiders right outside my room. I felt like going to crawl in the room during the night. But overall, it was a clean (on the inside) and quiet location. We got a good night's sleep at a good price. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 28, 2007

This place is not worth the $60 I paid for it. The decor is early 50s, the room was small, the bathroom was small, there was no continental breakfast or coffee yet at 7AM when we had to leave. The bed was uncomfortable, the heating unit was loud and woke me every time it turned on and off. The only thing it was lacking to complete the picture was cockroaches, but hey, it's January!

If I had to do it again, I'd save the $60 and sleep in my car.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank ednpamk
Windsor, NY
Reviewed September 8, 2005

My parents and I are on vac. Last night we stayed in a dump - right now I am in the room next to them in a clean, comfy Red Carpet Inn room with free internet, a fridge, and there's breakfast tomorrow morning! I got a special rate as a single - that is awesome! I could only in my wildest dreams hope to find places to stay like this, at these low prices, for the rest of our three week vacation! The woman who checked us in this afternoon was an absolute sweetheart and so proud of this establishment that I am not sure if she just works here or is the owner - or both! I would reccommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! Treat yourself! It is the first time I have ever stayed at a Red Carpet and I will look for one every place we stay for the rest of the trip! Thanks Red Carpet Inn!

CLD

Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ocala , fl
Reviewed August 29, 2003

This location is very quit. It is safe. It is before the rome city limit. People working at the hotel are nice. Rooms are nice and clean.
Still they are doing renovation to serve better quality.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2003

Property is in poor shape and in a location that was difficult to get "downtown" from. Room was in bad shape and not clean. Motel's management did NOT honor "AAA" discounted room rate as indicated when booked on-line. The "actual" rate charged is what someone might have paid for a much better room in a much better location. Would definately NOT recommend this place for family travel.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
The Inn at the Beeches
Hampton Inn Rome
Hampton Inn Rome
#1 of 7 in Rome

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!