“Loved the Pizza!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Today, 2 friends & I stopped here for lunch. None of us had been here before. It is soooo cute inside, I loved it! I ordered a personal pepperoni pizza, 1 friend ordered a personal pizza with veggies on it. My other friend also ordered a personal pepperoni pizza. Waitress told us since we were getting the same kind of pizza, it would be less money to get a medium pizza to share. I was excited to hear they has RC cola! We also got 10 wings. My pizza was so tasty! All of us loved our pizzas and although I am not a 'wing' person, they were tasty! I am thankful to my friend Jaymie for suggesting we try this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for DiCastro's Brick Oven

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had arrived in Rome (memory lane trip) after a very long drive and really needed a good meal. This one sounded good on the list of places in Rome so we found our way to it.
It has been a few weeks but I can say that none of the 3 of us (I am 53, with my folks) liked the pizza much. We ordered the Greek and actually had to ask if it had feta on it as we didn't taste or see it. (very little they said) Thus, bland. The salads were good. Service was off. having to ask for settings, water, etc. We were not impressed for the ranking it had in the area it should have been far better.

1  Thank bjsr
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went last night for dinner and we were met at the door by the owner who was soooo personable. We were seated right away and had our drinks within minutes and it was a busy night there. We had antipasto and stuffed peppers and beers and the amount of food was incredible. It will also be our lunch today! We will be back very soon to try the pizza.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

While in Rome we ate at DiCastros 3 times. We really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and people. Their pizza is ok. We are used to Chicago pizza and there is a difference. All entrees everyone tried were very good. It is an italian restaurant but with many options. A good selection of appetizers. The greens were very tasty. Many of the appetizers and entrees are probably only available in the area.
One of the best parts of the atmosphere were all the old pictures of Rome. The walls are lined with them and there are books to look over at your table. I was in memory lane and really had a hard time leaving as the many many pictures brought back so many memories. Nice job DiCastros!
DiCastros is a smaller restaurant which makes it more personable. We enjoyed watching the pizzas being made and the dough being thrown up and caught for all the dinning area to view.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food at our table was pizza & wings, pasta jambalaya and pasta w/meatballs. All was great! Desert was even better. Their white cake w/a strawberry and cream cheese filling was excellent. All food tasted fresh. Only negative was not being told of the specials that were not listed on the menu, because I certainly would have ordered one of those.