“A tad slow at registration desk however from that point on...”

Wingate by Wyndham Rome

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Thank M.carmen W
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night on out way to Lake George. I have stayed here a few times before and never been disappointed. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Not a lot around hotel, you will have to drive to restaurants etc. I booked a jacuzzi king room. We were on the third floor, room 302. Only complaint was the stopper in the Jacuzzi tub would not stay down and hold water in the tub. I had to keep my hand on the stopper and keep water running to keep the water level up in the tub. Other that that I have no complaints at all. I did not call maintenance to fix problem because it was about 8pm and we were checking out in the morning. I mentioned the problem at checkout and they did give me a credit of 20$ to compensate for the problem. They have a free breakfast, which was adequate. Front desk clerk was very pleasant. Would stay again if passing through.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good bang for the buck to sleep a night.

Staff at front desk - Seems overworked. She should be going to some school.
Staff at breakfast - The aged lady works very hard. Inspiring.
Room - Thin walls. Noise from all directions. But clean enough. Lot of Fantastik (or similar) used to clean - could smell it.
Breakfast - Best of the weekend out of Residence Inn (ok) and Hampton Inn (awful).
Jacuzzi - Water bubbling broken, but warms the body nicely. Clean.

Parking lot empty until 6PM. Seems to be a pit stop hotel during long drives.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

1  Thank Travis H
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I consider several factors in choosing a hotel, then rating it afterwards. I also try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, or the type of trip I am on. In other words, when in Prague, I don't want the Hilton.

Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Also considered are location, price, breakfast, communication.

Comfort, lighting, bathroom space, water pressure...all things that make a stay or can ruin it.

That said, this was a different kind of trip.
I (53 years old) was on a road trip with the folks down memory lane. We made a trip to Rome where we had lived in '69-'71 and not been back. Much of the drive to NY I was on the iphone (dad driving) googling, researching for a hotel to stay when we arrived. I was frustrated at the lack of choices and the fact that the choices had really horrid reviews, consistently. I called WG and got their price and mentioned I had seen it on Priceline for less. They matched it. Ok, so I called a few other hotels and was not thrilled so called back to find out about if we had 2 rooms or if we could have connecting, military discount, etc. and got a lower price. Sold on that midweek with breakfast price we decided to go there when we arrived.
Well, we got pretty confused as everything looked so different, and discovered we 'were on the base' when we asked where it was. :{
We were pleased with the outside, and location, even more so when we were told the price was even less when we checked in. Can it get any better than dropping 3 times? :}
The Room was nice, comfortable, nice view at a magnificent sunset.
Now, about my 'conditions':
The price was was not 'low' but doable having just gone to low rates that week. We were very pleased with each of the staff we spoke with on the phone and in person. Very helpful.
After driving past some of the other places we were soooo glad we didn't go there. We went out for a (terrible) dinner and had a horrible time finding our way back in the dark, even with a gps. After that we avoided the south route and stayed on the northerly direction each time we went anywhere...very easy. Right by the 'base' where we wanted to be. Beautiful walking path across the street where I went out each morning before the folks were up.
Breakfast was wonderful in a very comfortable lobby setting. I always look forward to the oatmeal.

Room comfort-very nice. Lighting, beds, tv (didn't watch) places to sit. All nice. WE appreciated the fridge for our leftovers. All over very nice.
In this case I was grateful for the all in one bathroom, where sometimes I prefer a sink outside the shower area. Because I was with the folks, I was able to get up early shower, and go out for an early walk (geocaching) before they were up without disturbing them. I actually used the lobby bathroom for my blow drier and had them keep it at the desk until I returned. nice lighting and pressure.

We were all pleased. The exercise, pool, and computer looked very nice as well. Perfect for us.

Here is my only negative: The walls are thin.
I could hear the pleasant speaking voice phone conversation of the guy that came into the next room (we were already in bed). Probably calling home. Lots of military staying and leaving early. Ask for a room without a neighbor maybe? Didn't bother me but if there were loud people it could have been bad.

Room Tip: the sunset from the back was beautiful, view out the front is as well.