“Decent place. Great value”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I booked this place based on Trip Adviser reviews. Great choice. A little dated, to be sure, but good rooms and great staff. If you are a road warrior in the construction or maintenance trades it has all the right stuff. Plenty of eating places close by, close to the interstate, good town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank towerdog3

Reviewed January 13, 2014

jacuzzi bathtub was phenomenal beds: extremely soft, the sauna and workout room were very nice as well didn't get to enjoy the pool do too building issues very friendly staff both in the afternoon and the late night servicewhen traveling we will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austin H
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Everyone was exceptionally nice. The breakfast was great every morning. Was our first time in Ft. Smith and front desk employees were very helpful with directions. Enjoyed our stay very much......we will be back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I left small item behind in the room and I called the front desk and the lady (Amanda) informed me that she will try to mail it to me, since I was not going that way anytime soon.the service was great the rooms with very clean and the location is very good. I enjoyed my two days stay and I believe next time I will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Everyone you meet will greet you with a smile.
The rooms are clean and fresh. The bathrooms are clean and fresh.
If I had to point to anything, I would say the breakfast could offer eggs on Sunday mornings, but they don't. Otherwise, everything was great.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Safe Stay
The story of our stay began with internet searches of lodging in Fort Smith for the Thanksgiving extended weekend. With 2 adults, 2 kids & 2 dogs we usually hurt our budget when we travel so we actively hunt out bargains. Americinn provided one of the best rates on the website and we were further discounted when we phoned in our reservations and were notified of the military discount. In the past we’ve been charged upwards of $25 per dog, no such charge at all here. We read dozens of online reviews, some were great while others …not so much. Yes, it’s true that the hotel sits next to an abandoned building that appears condemned. However, while it is a slight eyesore we did not get any feel of danger. Some reviews said the area was sketchy, I didn’t think so. I have 2 young daughters and didn’t worry at all about letting them walk the dogs alone. We also read a review indicating poor plumbing, we also had a slow sink drain but it didn’t bother us; it was slow, not clogged.
This is not a 5 start hotel, but it is one of the best budget hotels I’ve ever stayed at. It’s a little older but efforts have been made to modernize, that is obvious. In the room the Philips flatscreen TV was bigger & better than some places we’ve stayed but smaller than what you find in most luxury places. The mini fridge was actually larger than most. The microwave was shiny, black and pretty…we never used it. We stayed during a cold spell and found the room chilly at check in but the heater worked marvelously and we soon found ourselves toasty. The bedding is not heavy but very comfortable. We asked for 2 queens and that’s what we got, they were smallish queens but they were definitely bigger than doubles. We didn’t use it but we did have a small safe. Room décor was fine, nothing offensive but nothing awe inspiring either. I had an overall favorable impression of the room. Breakfast our first morning was busy as the place was packed with folks like ourselves in town for Thanksgiving. There was plenty of bacon, sausage, hard boiled eggs, waffles, breads, cereal, and coffee to please us all with a dutiful attendant even clearing tables between stocking the breakfast items. Yes, they run out of food and depending on how close they are to breakfast ending they might not restock that item. My only issue with that was running out of coffee which happened once during our stay, that hurt. Again, we were there during cold weather but the temperature of the water in the indoor pool was just fine, don’t forget your swim suit. Our 3 night stay ended up costing us $206 with all of the taxes. When we return we will definitely keep this place in mind.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was unsure of staying in this hotel from the minute I booked it, but being $30 cheaper than the other ones with similar amenities I took a chance since the website and pictures of the property along with the other reviews looked good. Upon entering the hotel it looked better than the outside so I started to feel a little better. The guy working the front desk was, well, without trying to be unkind, he was just a little weird looking and acting. Friendly and polite enough, just a little "off". No problems with the reservation or checking in so that was good. We entered the room and my 9 year old immediately stated "This room smells bad!"---it wasn't a smoke smell but more like a stale cleanser smell in an unventilated room. Beds were listed as "queen" but were definitely double/full size. Discovered pretty quickly that the air conditioner did not put out very much air flow and that the digital controls were pretty much useless. 64 degrees felt the same as 72 and there was no discernible difference between high and low with the fan. I get grossed out easily by hotels and I didn't get grossed out by this one. They had duvets and not the stupid slippery bedspreads that some cheap hotels still use. The cleanliness factor was the hotels best feature as I noticed it even amid the worn appearance of the furniture and carpet. They allow pets at no charge which was an added bonus but you always have to factor this in to the wear and appearance of the room also. The bathroom was very tidy and I had no complaints about it until I discovered that the sink would not drain, at all :( The glass plate was missing from the microwave and when my husband mentioned it to the front desk staff they indicated that he could use the one in the breakfast area...speaking of breakfast, it was terrible. They were out of coffee, gravy, pastries and waffle batter when we arrived at 8:00 on a Sat morning. The morning front desk female apologized for being out of things and explained that it was bcs the night shift did not do what they were supposed to. They were able to get more coffee and waffle batter out but the gravy was rushed an as a result was thin and completely flavorless. Went to refill coffee on the way out and this time there was coffee but not one creamer...Pool is small but ok. Overall if breakfast had been what it should be I would have rated higher and said that this is a good value for a clean stop over kind of hotel. Worn, definitely no frills but clean.

1  Thank BuckeyeFan92