“You won't be disappointed here”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Tuskahoma
“You won't be disappointed here”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Everyone you meet will greet you with a smile.
The rooms are clean and fresh. The bathrooms are clean and fresh.
If I had to point to anything, I would say the breakfast could offer eggs on Sunday mornings, but they don't. Otherwise, everything was great.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Safe Stay
The story of our stay began with internet searches of lodging in Fort Smith for the Thanksgiving extended weekend. With 2 adults, 2 kids & 2 dogs we usually hurt our budget when we travel so we actively hunt out bargains. Americinn provided one of the best rates on the website and we were further discounted when we phoned in our reservations and were notified of the military discount. In the past we’ve been charged upwards of $25 per dog, no such charge at all here. We read dozens of online reviews, some were great while others …not so much. Yes, it’s true that the hotel sits next to an abandoned building that appears condemned. However, while it is a slight eyesore we did not get any feel of danger. Some reviews said the area was sketchy, I didn’t think so. I have 2 young daughters and didn’t worry at all about letting them walk the dogs alone. We also read a review indicating poor plumbing, we also had a slow sink drain but it didn’t bother us; it was slow, not clogged.
This is not a 5 start hotel, but it is one of the best budget hotels I’ve ever stayed at. It’s a little older but efforts have been made to modernize, that is obvious. In the room the Philips flatscreen TV was bigger & better than some places we’ve stayed but smaller than what you find in most luxury places. The mini fridge was actually larger than most. The microwave was shiny, black and pretty…we never used it. We stayed during a cold spell and found the room chilly at check in but the heater worked marvelously and we soon found ourselves toasty. The bedding is not heavy but very comfortable. We asked for 2 queens and that’s what we got, they were smallish queens but they were definitely bigger than doubles. We didn’t use it but we did have a small safe. Room décor was fine, nothing offensive but nothing awe inspiring either. I had an overall favorable impression of the room. Breakfast our first morning was busy as the place was packed with folks like ourselves in town for Thanksgiving. There was plenty of bacon, sausage, hard boiled eggs, waffles, breads, cereal, and coffee to please us all with a dutiful attendant even clearing tables between stocking the breakfast items. Yes, they run out of food and depending on how close they are to breakfast ending they might not restock that item. My only issue with that was running out of coffee which happened once during our stay, that hurt. Again, we were there during cold weather but the temperature of the water in the indoor pool was just fine, don’t forget your swim suit. Our 3 night stay ended up costing us $206 with all of the taxes. When we return we will definitely keep this place in mind.

Russellville
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was unsure of staying in this hotel from the minute I booked it, but being $30 cheaper than the other ones with similar amenities I took a chance since the website and pictures of the property along with the other reviews looked good. Upon entering the hotel it looked better than the outside so I started to feel a little better. The guy working the front desk was, well, without trying to be unkind, he was just a little weird looking and acting. Friendly and polite enough, just a little "off". No problems with the reservation or checking in so that was good. We entered the room and my 9 year old immediately stated "This room smells bad!"---it wasn't a smoke smell but more like a stale cleanser smell in an unventilated room. Beds were listed as "queen" but were definitely double/full size. Discovered pretty quickly that the air conditioner did not put out very much air flow and that the digital controls were pretty much useless. 64 degrees felt the same as 72 and there was no discernible difference between high and low with the fan. I get grossed out easily by hotels and I didn't get grossed out by this one. They had duvets and not the stupid slippery bedspreads that some cheap hotels still use. The cleanliness factor was the hotels best feature as I noticed it even amid the worn appearance of the furniture and carpet. They allow pets at no charge which was an added bonus but you always have to factor this in to the wear and appearance of the room also. The bathroom was very tidy and I had no complaints about it until I discovered that the sink would not drain, at all :( The glass plate was missing from the microwave and when my husband mentioned it to the front desk staff they indicated that he could use the one in the breakfast area...speaking of breakfast, it was terrible. They were out of coffee, gravy, pastries and waffle batter when we arrived at 8:00 on a Sat morning. The morning front desk female apologized for being out of things and explained that it was bcs the night shift did not do what they were supposed to. They were able to get more coffee and waffle batter out but the gravy was rushed an as a result was thin and completely flavorless. Went to refill coffee on the way out and this time there was coffee but not one creamer...Pool is small but ok. Overall if breakfast had been what it should be I would have rated higher and said that this is a good value for a clean stop over kind of hotel. Worn, definitely no frills but clean.

1 Thank BuckeyeFan92
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I come to Fort Smith a couple times a month and always stay at the AmericInn. The rooms are nice, the indoor pool and hot tub are open 24hrs and very nice. Breakfast is not your typical Hotel breakfast. They serve scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, danishes and hot coffee. They even have flavored syrups and creamers for the coffee. The Ladies at the front desk (Linda and Julie) always have my reservations correct and are very friendly. I try to always just deal with these two because they give the best service. Housekeeping could use some improvement but overall, this hotel is worth staying at. The price for what you get can't be beat. I have stayed at other hotels in this area and they are way over rated for the price and service. I will continue to stay here as long as I come to this area.

Room Tip: if you are a non smoker, ask for a room towards the lobby area. I use to stay at the back of the ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bigpapajackson72
Muskogee
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was the third time we have have stayed at this hotel. Its very clean. The staff is friendly. I believe that the price is a good value for the room. We have not experienced any major issues with any of our visits here. Only minor issue was flat pillows, but a trip to walmart and all was comfy.:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sonya J
Heber Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a hotel snob, but I do expect certain basics in hotel etiquette... Upon our first arrival the gentleman checking us in obviously did not want to be there... He was not rude but not very polite either... Ran my CC without asking and I wanted to pay cash... Didn't explain the breakfast hours or pool towels, etc... Housekeeping helped us with all that... Did not explain there is NO elevator to which we had a lot of luggage... Room was decent and ok clean, except found old pizza boxes in one of the drawers and black stains on the sides of the bed, bathroom had rust around door and mirror... Housekeeping was ok also... Emptied trash and made one bed but did not clean bathroom except pick up towels... Parking lot was a shortcut for locals so traffic was all hours and area seemed sketchy but still felt pretty safe... Breakfast was ok... Waffle maker was best thing along with fresh fruit, everything else was mediocre... It definitely was very convenient to everything... All in all was an ok experience... For the price, I got what I paid...

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm kind of disappointed with the hotel. Everything was clean but after paying $85 I figured I would be able to get extra pillows. When i called a few hours before check in I was givingthem a heads up that I would be a little late checking in and would like some extra pillows. Unfortunately it is first come, first serve and by the time I got there they were all gone. I think next time I will just go for a cheaper hotel because I will get the same thing. The pool, hot tub and continental breakfast was awesome. Also the guy that I talked to about getting a wake up call kind of acted like I was bothering him....

TeamFortSmith, Sales Coordinator at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us here at the Americ Inn Hotel & Suites Fort Smith. We strive to provide the best service and product that we can to all our guests and I am sorry that we were unable to live up to that goal during your stay. We have addressed your comments with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our performance in the future. Thank you again!!

Management Team