“Needs work, they're trying hard”

Knights Inn Fort Smith Airport
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Los Angeles, California
“Needs work, they're trying hard”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Spent one night here while passing through Fort Smith. Front desk manager checked us in. Some confusion with our reservation. We'd booked through Wyndham, he thought we were a third-party booking.couldn't print a receipt, but did bring us one at 9:00pm. King n/s room was adequate for our stay. It wasn't the cleanest room, but wasn't the worst I've stayed in either. They're having some staffing issues. No Kleenexes (said guests keep stealing them). Maintenance man was on the spot when we needed a replacement lightbulb. He was friendly and quick.

Breakfast was coffee and cereal/roll in the lobby. Enough to get you out the door and on your way until you find more to eat.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, but for the price paid it served the purpose and I did find 7 cents in the parking lot.

The staff seem interested in turning the property around and I wish them the best. It's an older property and not in the nicest location, but there's a definite market out there for them. They had a crew planting pretty spring flowers which says they're trying. With good cleaning staff and competent management, I think they'll make it happen.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I gave it a 1 because 0 was not an option. We stayed 1 night, Dec. 6. I had to stay here due to an ice storm that came through. If I thought I could have survived the night in my car I would have chosen that option but it was too cold. The room was dirty, it smelled of cigarettes, requested a non smoking and did not get. Food wrappers on the floor by the bed, not to forget the roaches. Remote for TV did not work. They brought me batteries and instructions on how to program the remote, requested some towels the next morning and they wanted me to come and get at the office. Now I know it was cold but I am the guest. This place was disgusting and should be demolished. I would not stay here ever again no matter what. If I was a Wyndham board member or share owner, I would be ashamed that this was part of my brand. I was shocked that this place was part of the Wyndham brand.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fort Smith hotels

Bogata, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stay away raggedy room clean but toilet would not fill up aparently same room as Lachanda I hope not every room. Said they could not find my reservation tried to charge me more. Talked to them about my points there and two more times each time they assured me they would put them in but asked me for my number each time. Finally had to stay on phone with wyndham for over 30 minutes to get my points. Used to be Super 8 went down to Knights Inn needs to be bulldozed bad management but the do have a beer joint on site and I do mean a beer joint not a club or bar obvious by clients seen leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I always use this hotel when I come in town cause of the price and good experience. This time I didnt, the toilet was messing up and we could not get any to fix it. We had to fill it up with water for it too flush! Not okay and the beds were too hard! Not going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Brooklyn NY
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I cant lie I know I have some serious idiots at my job. So when I travel they look for name rather than price. So they booked me at this fleabag hotel. Off the top I knew this was gonna be trouble when I saw a striptease club integrated into it. The place looks like it hasnt been fixed up in some time. You look around the immediate area looks like its due for demolition. Linen and room smelled stale as soon as I entered it . Now for the issues bubble TV's with remote that dont work dated design style room Phone to front desk didnt work. and the ice machine didnt even work. You know you hotel sucks when you check in and theres no more than 10 people at the whole hotel. this was a miserable experience. Incompetant mgmt had to wait 4 hours for a working remote for their 90's era TV. Lookit we all know Super 8's arent palaces. but Im been in much better ones around the country. Avoid this place like the plague. Theres a Baymont Inn off 540 thats much better for around the same price

Room Tip: try baymont inn just off 540 and Rogers...much better quality room and hotel for around the same pri...