“dissatisfied”

Knights Inn Fort Smith Airport
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I always use this hotel when I come in town cause of the price and good experience. This time I didnt, the toilet was messing up and we could not get any to fix it. We had to fill it up with water for it too flush! Not okay and the beds were too hard! Not going back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

A Wyndham traveler
Levittown
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I cant lie I know I have some serious idiots at my job. So when I travel they look for name rather than price. So they booked me at this fleabag hotel. Off the top I knew this was gonna be trouble when I saw a striptease club integrated into it. The place looks like it hasnt been fixed up in some time. You look around the immediate area looks like its due for demolition. Linen and room smelled stale as soon as I entered it . Now for the issues bubble TV's with remote that dont work dated design style room Phone to front desk didnt work. and the ice machine didnt even work. You know you hotel sucks when you check in and theres no more than 10 people at the whole hotel. this was a miserable experience. Incompetant mgmt had to wait 4 hours for a working remote for their 90's era TV. Lookit we all know Super 8's arent palaces. but Im been in much better ones around the country. Avoid this place like the plague. Theres a Baymont Inn off 540 thats much better for around the same price

Room Tip: try baymont inn just off 540 and Rogers...much better quality room and hotel for around the same pri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My stay here on March 11, 2013 was for just one night and I'm glad that was all it was. That wasn't because of a couple of major problems but rather for a lot of minor things. Upon entering room 105 it wasn't very long before I noticed that the light next to the bed (nearest to the window) didn't work. It didn't seem like the bulb had just went out. I didn't pull the bed out to see if it was plugged in so that may or may have been the problem. The friend I was traveling with was in room 101 and one of the lamps in that room was missing the bulb.

There was only one chair in the room, when in most other Super 8 hotels there is two. The room did have a small round table but there was very little space between it and the bed with the table next to the AC/Heater unit. I think that the room is a little smaller than other Super 8 hotels and in this room it would have been better if it had one Queen size bed instead of the King size.

This hotel, as most, have hangars that do not have the curved piece on the top the hangar that sets over the rod. Instead the hangar has a straight piece of metal at the top and the top of it is placed into a slot of another metal piece that is attached to the rod. There were only two hangars, one was just fine and the other one was missing the small metal rod at the top of the hangar. There were Six pieces of metal on the rod for six hangars.

There were only two electrical outlets that maybe could be use. One was by the sink which had a hair dryer plugged into one receptacle. The other outlet was behind the dresser. It had a light plugged into one receptacle and the other had a power strip plugged into it. The TV, radio alarm clock, microwave and fridge were plugged into the power strip. The radio alarm clock didn't work. That I unplugged and plugged in a radio alarm clock that I bring with me on trips. Luckily, I didn't need to plug in my iPad2. The microwave worked but after the latch is fully depressed the door still had to be pulled open by hand. All the microwaves I have seen the door opens while pushing the release latch.

When sitting on the bed, the side closest to the window, near the feet end it depresses like most other beds. When sitting on the edge in the middle section it sags in a lot more. It worked out that I needed to sleep on the other side so I don't know what this side would be like to sleep on. The side I did sleep on was comfortable.

The room seemed to be clean and I didn't see any bugs.

The curtains do not block out all of the light but that was not a problem. I now travel with an eye mask so if I need to sleep during the day this would still not be a problem.

One of the bath towels had a black mark on it but I have no idea was it was. I used the other one.

The Wi-Fi didn't work in this room. You need a code to use it. I couldn't enter the code as the iPad 2 didn't show the Super 8 as being available. An employee came to the room to help and we found out that if I was closer to the front office building it would work. It seemed liked it would work in room 103 but since we were on the outside I don't know if it would work in the room. The rooms are in the building just behind the office building. The first room closest to the office is 101, then 103 and then mine. I wonder if the Wi-Fi works in any of the rooms past mine?

The worst problem was that the smoke detector was not mounted on a wall. I could see where it had been attached but it was now laying on the counter next to the coffee pot and could not be reattached. This room should not have been given out until that was fixed. I wonder what the Fire Department would have to say about this?

The employees I talked to were friendly. I had the impression that the employees probably could use a few more English classes.

Some of the things should have been corrected when the room was cleaned after a previous guest left but they weren't.

I may consider staying here again, as the price was reasonable, but I would start looking at other hotels first. If another hotel is only a few dollars higher I would probably stay there instead, depending also on whether or not the rooms have a microwave & fridge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The continental breakfast was terrible, stale food stuff, no fruits. Was not able to sleep due to a constant humming noise all night-not sure if it was ice machine or a vending machine but it was loud all night. I drive a truck and the parking for my truck and trailer was limited even though I was told there was truck parking, it appeared I was parking in someone else's lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business