“Great customer service!”

River Valley Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

My stay was very pleasant! The manager was extremely helpful and available to all of our needs! The rest of the staff was very nice as well. Hotel was clean and i felt safe in it! Is within walking distance of several restaurants and at a very convenient location. Will definetely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
AmericasBestInns, General Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay.. We are very happy that you had a great stay. We try to make our customers feel at home during their stay with us. We pride ourselfs on our freindly staff. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We came to see my son over the weekend and stayed at the travelodge. It was about $64 for the night. The cable on the t.v. was fuzzy and trying to screw in the wire didn't fix it. Furniture had scratches all in it, soap was nasty, coffee was awful, no toothpaste, and stains on comforter! We won't be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Josh R
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was here during a family reunion the weekend before Labor Day. The non-smoking rooms had a noticeable cigarette smoke smell. Some of my family members had to change rooms because of the intense smoke smell.

The beds are very firm. I thought this was great but if you like mattresses you can sink into, you won't like the beds here. The pillows were anything but firm. The pillows are very small, thin, and flimsy. I'm surprised the pillows are not firm like the mattresses are. I would strongly suggest you bring your own pillows from home.

The rooms are you typical hotel room, they have a small microwave and a mini-fridge. The room I was in had the mini fridge sat on the floor and the microwave sat on top of the fridge. This was not a good arrangement the mini fridge should have been set next to the tv on the dresser. it would have been a much better height for getting things n and out of it.

One good thing about this hotel is that they serve an actual hot breakfast consisting of a buffett with bacon, scrambled eggs, hash brown, biscuits, gravy, cold cereal, milk, OJ, and coffee. They will also prepare pancakes if you want them.

The rooms are in need of some sound insulation. You can be in your room with the door shut and still hear people talking in the hallway in a normal voice.

The staff was very friendly and very professional.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
AmericasBestInns, Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am so sorry about your pillows. and after reserching your comments, we purchased some serta dream pillows. They are firm and seem to be exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much for bring this to my attenetion. Hope to see you at the next family reunion..
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had a very bad experience. Had to change rooms because the air did not work. The phones would not work, had no towels. Had plugs in the walls that did not work. We rented to rooms that were suppose to be connected and was unable to have those so had to get two separate rooms.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Taabj

Travelers are raving about these Fort Smith hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The building is older, but extremely clean and neat. I was in town for an interview and was looking to find different sites in the town and the front desk and assistant manager Margaret was extremely helpful and super friendly. When I return to the area, I will definitly stay there again and will recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Keep up the great customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We arrived at the hotel after a long day of traveling, and as I sit on the toilet the entire seat slides sideways and I fall off! The seat wasn't even bolted to the toilet! In addition, we quickly realized that the entire bathroom floor was covered in a sticky material. Really gross!
We were told "those things happen" and were moved to another room. The bathroom in the second room was better, but didn't flush very well. I was very worried about our stay.
At least we got a quiet night's sleep!

I felt really uncomfortable with the few non-customers who liked to hang around the lobby and in front of the hotel. The staff seemed to be OK with these individuals hanging around, but I didn't. They seemed to be the staff's priority, not us.

There is a nice mini golf just down the street, an easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
travelodge588, Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Oh my goodness, I am very sorry about what happened durning your recent stay at our hotel. We have been doing some remodeling with the pool and thoses were proabley the additiona poeple you saw. Our customers should always come first as you are the reason we are here. We hope you and your family wil give us another chance. I will be sending you a voucher for a future stay. Please accept our apology for the problems you encountered both in and out of your room. I asure you that your next stay will be enjoyable. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The rooms are very clean. Sheets were clean both days. the bed was comfortable. Rooms didn't smell like smoke like in some other motels I've stayed in. Pets are allowed but no signs of them. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010