“Great Stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I came to stay for the 2011 Fort Smith Air Show. I drove for 7 hours and wanted a nice place to stay close to the air port and pick up points for show. Motel 6 delivered me a pleasant 3 night stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room didn't have towels the first day I checked in, but it was attended to quickly. I have to admit the staff was really cool. They even laughed when I brought into my room a dummy Anti Tank Rocket Launcher that I purchased down the road at an Army Surplus Store. I'm glad they didn't panic. Thanks again to the employees for a wonderful trip to Fort Smith. Several food places within the area as well as a mall within walking distance added to the benefits of staying here. My only complaint is non-hotel related. The noise from the motorcycles outside was annoying. put on a quiet muffler. Grrrr. Your as bad as those little rice-er cars.

Room Tip: Upstairs is great, no one stomping above you. Away from lot and noisy motorcycles.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 26, 2011

First time to stay at a Motel 6. I never felt more welcomed by the staff. The front the desk clerk answered all my questions and gave great directions. The room was extremely clean and well put together. Compared to the other motels in the area that charge twice as much for their stay, I will always choice Motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kermittoad
Reviewed March 17, 2010

incredibly poor shower and faucet. but other than that, typical, good value motel 6

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We picked this one because it was close to places we needed to be, we lived to regret it. We changed rooms 3 times. The first room had a faint smell of urine and the toilet was stopped up. In the second room we walked out as quick we walked in, the smell of urine and must was horrid in it. The third one still had a musty smell to it but we figured all the rooms must have a smell to them and a terrible thunderstorm hit as we were moving in to room number 3 so we went ahead and stayed in it. The bed was uncomfortable, the carpet looked about 30 years old and I kept feeling like I was getting bit by something. The girls at the front desk were very nice, but the rest of the staff came across as rude and really not caring about Interrupting or disturbing the guests. If you do plan on staying here and want to sleep in a little forget about it. They slam doors, talk loud and are just all around loud. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AredhelTari
Reviewed November 18, 2008

First off, this is a 4 star review for a 1 star motel. That is, the motel is absolutely nothing fancy. For us, it was a place close to the Fort Smith Airport, so we could take an early flight out the next day and not be in a total hurry.

First off the problems (or potential problems if you are expecting something more)...We had a room with two double beds, and it was very small. The double beds were against the window and against the bathroom wall, with about a 30" gap or less between them. There was a desk with a TV on it and that had a chair, but otherwise there was no sitting area. The closet area was fairly roomy, and we set a pack-n-play there for my youngest son (which the motel provided for free). The bathroom was not huge either, but didn't feel too cramped. Only a shower. Only coffee available (no continental breakfast). Bed was average (not super comfortable, but not awful).

OK, now the positives. Was very clean, especially the bathroom. Was near a freeway, but we did not here too much exterior noise. The price was very right. Not sure why motels/hotels in Fort Smith are so expensive (average around $100, some decent, but not right by airport for $75). We got this for $45, and based upon reviews, everything else in that price range was scary. Also, no up-charges for 3 adults 2 children (young children). Was very conveniently located relative to the airport.

So if you need to stay in the area awhile with a few people, this may not be the place for you. But for a night in a clean, but small room, it worked perfect for us.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank elwood9