“wonderful stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Smith
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was good for the price, not the best but certainly adequate. the room was clean and it had all the things you are looking for: frig., microwave, TV-cable/flat screen, good location. The breakfast was good-average, the coffee was pretty good.
Our room had one oddity, the toilet paper was installed so far away from the toilet that you couldn't reach it, you had to get up and go to it, even my husband who is 6'3" couldn't reach it?! weird.
Reliable, but not spectacular.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
mesa az
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Clean, friendly. terrific staff and accommodating to pets. Exactly
what you expect from all La Quinta properties. It's easy to take it for granted,
but that's the great feature of this chain. CAUTION: This hotel is often
mentioned as a pet-friendly I-40 property in Van Buren/Fort Smith.
Keep in mind that it is actually located on I-540 South, eight miles from I-40 and the entire eight miles is a tight construction zone. The property is excellent, but if that side trip is an
issue, there is yet another terrific La Quinta in Russellville, about 70 miles south on I-40.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this place on June the 14th and 15th...First od all our room was never cleaned and second of all the shower floor was so SLICK (no skid things) that when he stood up on his left (good) leg he slipped and fell back into his wheel chair. If I had not been there to catch him, he would have ended up on the floor! I even had to stand on a little towel to keep from slipping when I took my shower! The service was extremely LOUSY!!!!!!!What a joke! I told the lady at the front desk how unsatisfied we were, and I also told her if he would have fallen they would have had a law suit on their hands! She just smiled and said "I'm sorry". What a bunch of crap! This place is obviously mis-managed! Never again will we stay at one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Munich Area
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were not trilled by the cleanliness or odors of this property but we needed a place to stay with our dog. I was also annoyed at the $96 price for some pretty tired lodging (ie, a sticky TV controller that has been used by so many people all the numbers have worn off. How many people staying in a room does it take for this to occur?)

The coup-de-grace was the BIGGEST cock roach I have ever seen walking the floor of the mens lobby restroom. My fears about the cleanliness here were confirmed. I tried to tell the front desk people, but they were nowhere to be found.

We could not leave the La Quinta Fort Smith fast enough...

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lufkin Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a very clean and nice motel we stayed in a Jacuzzi suite. Very clean and pet friendly.

The breakfast area was clean and had a very nice assortment of food. They had an excellent biscuits and sausage gravy and a great assortment of Kelloggs cereals. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a quick overnight stay and it was exactly what we needed. The rooms were very well appointed and clean. The hotel welcomes pets for no additional fee and offer government rates. The only issue we had was that truckers took over 60% of available parking and we almost had to leave and book another hotel b/c there was nowhere to park. The employee that was there didn't offer any solutions; we improvised. Otherwise it was a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013