“Not thrilled”

Rolando's Restaurante
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Fort Smith
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American, Ecuadorean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Not thrilled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The restaurant came recommended and then all the reviews were so good I couldn't wait to go, but I was so disappointed.The corn and black bean salsa was good. I ordered vegetarian enchiladas. It was plain white rice, plain black beans, and plain cheese in a tortilla. Not awful, but no taste whatsoever. Nothing I would choose to pay $15 for again.Sorry.The chips and beer were good, but that was all. Service was good. Building was cool. B/F had pork enchiladas and he said his had no taste at all either, tasted mine and said it was even worse.

• Visited September 2013

Fallbrook, California
“EAT HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are from SoCal and have been traveling for a couple weeks. We miss real Mexican/Central American food. I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor for the Fort Smith area and was pleased to see Latin food with great reviews. We were not disappointed!
It was a very hot and humid Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was empty. It was Labor Day weekend but Christmas music was playing quietly in the background. Our waiter was French and spoke with a slight accent. All the signs were there to make me wonder if we made a huge mistake.
We started with house margaritas. Delicious...just the right amount of citrus, sweetness and a healthy dose of tequila. Next the guacamole and (orange colored) chips. Freshly made, chunky and flavorful. On our waiter's recommendation I ordered the Tilapia (Gulf of Mexico not China). It was freakin amazing!!! Served on a bed of white rice with pickled onions and cucumbers, I never knew talapia could taste this wonderful. It was all in the seasoning. It was not breaded - just highly seasoned with garlic, ginger,capers and I can't guess what else. ORDER THIS!
My spouse had a "combination plate" of sort with a tamale, enchilada and quesadilla. He was equally impressed with the flavor, freshness and seasoning of his meal. Although, I never got a taste, his plate was thoroughly cleaned!
Eat here...you will love it!

• Visited September 2013
Oklahoma
“Great Food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here while in town visiting a friend. A short wait but was expected due to being during the luch rush. It was well worth the wait and recommend this place to anyone wanting great food. Not your typical "mexican" place so step out of your norm and give it a shot.

• Visited September 2012
“A fort smith treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Rolandos is a nice place to have dinner with friends or family. Good service, good food, friendly faces. Perfect place for dinner before or after exploring historic downtown.

• Visited September 2012
“Fresh ingredients!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try Rolando's based on reviews. The building is really neat- and the decor. Loved the fresh salsa. Not somewhere I'd want to frequent just due to my taste ( we're more all- American) and my husband thinks he has to eat beef, all the dishes had chicken, pork or shrimp. Nice experience. 12 year old twins cleared their plates! Our server was very nice.

• Visited August 2013