“Pleasently Surprised!”

Courtyard Fort Smith Downtown
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
“Pleasently Surprised!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Was pleasently surprised. Stopped for one night on the way to Fayettville. One of the nicest Courtyard properties that I have ever stayed. Full service restaurant and bar. Bar had two TV's and bartender was very friendly. Rooms even had ESPNU. Was upgraded to a iacuzzi suite and room was very comfortable. Did not have chance to scope out surrounding area. Right next door to convention center. Food in restaurant was good as well. Would stay here again. Had used points for the stay.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was our second time to stay at this property. Rooms nice size and clean. This weekend was shared with a soccer team who played in the hall until 10:45 PM but after call to desk no more trouble so I must say they took care of noise. Parking was very hard but found they had nice place across street in a deck that worked well. You may want to rethink dinner here as they only serve from 5-8 and only had one very nice lady in kitchen the food was good but not sure it was really homemade. All in all nice place to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent the night here on the way to Louisiana. I have nothing but good to say about this place. Very accomodating, super nice, comfy beds and awesome breakfast. The chef cooking breakfast during our stay was genuinely concerned with the quality of our meals. The lobby is very well decorated and the rooms are the same. Great quality and definitely a place we would stay again.

Room Tip: Worth going out of the way to stay here. Eggs to order were a treat.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I found this Courtyard through Priceline. It was quite a steal at $55+tax, which was about $80 lower than the rack rate. If you bid on a three star hotel on their website, this property and the Holiday Inn on the other side of the Convention Center are the only properties in town with that rating.

The property was very well maintained and decorated nicely. Our room had one of the most comfortable beds we had slept on for quite a while. The A/C pumped out ice cold air and we were very comfortable during our brief stay.

The hotel had a restaurant (no free breakfast), indoor pool, and exercise room. However, we did not make use of any of them during our time at the hotel.

My only complaint was with the placement of a crib in our room. I called the property the day before our arrival asking for a crib and was assured that we would have it in our room. We arrived just after midnight and our baby was sound asleep. When we got to our room, there was no crib. The clerk was very apologetic, but I had to go to our car, get our portable pack-and-play, and put it together in our room. By this time, our son woke up. This didn't ruin our stay, but I wish that our request had been notated and followed through with.

Overall, this is a great property was very good. If you can book it through Priceline, it's a steal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm a business traveller, and I have to say, this is from what I can see, the nicest hotel in town. It's not very old, couldn't be much more than 5 or 6 years. Very updated, very clean, contemporary decor. Restaurant & Bar on site. Walking distance to probably 10-12 very cool downtown restaurants. This is the best place to stay in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

For the outside of a Marriott, it looked a little aged. But once I walked in, I was amazed! The decor and cleaniness spoke upscale and elegance at an affordable cost. I was traveling cross-country with my family and I was looking for a clean, safe hotel to stay. Pool and spa were clean and maintained. The hotel is located within walking distance of all the restuarants and shops and a just a short drive from good eats off the beaten path. The only thing I would say is that I thought it had that a free continental breakfast, but it turned out that the only food they had was from the hotel's restaurant. I didn't know we had to pay until after I had sat down. Nevertheless, the service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed overnight on a busy Saturday night during River Fest in Ft. Smith. The hotel was beautiful. Rooms were clean and very nice! Hotel staff was courteous and happy to assist if need be. Breakfast was very good also. I would stay there again and recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends