“The Sizzlin' was fizzlin'”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Western Sizzlin Steak & More
Ranked #118 of 259 Restaurants in Fort Smith
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I ate at the Western Sizzlin Steak House on Townson Ave. in Fort Smith, Ar on Memorail Day 2012. We both decided to get the food bar. The cost was cheap compared to most over food bars. The salad bar was stocked well although we did not eat anything from it. The food bar was a mix of freshly prepared foods(such as corn and green beans and candied sweet potatoes) and others (such as the meat items, soups, and casserole dishes) which looked as though they had been their all day (It was around 12:45 when we were there). Many items were dried out or tasted over cooked. We were disappointed overall with the food. There were a few items that did taste fabulous but when paying for a good meal, you should expect the majority rather than the minority of the food to be good quality and appealing to the eyes and taste buds. I must say our service was above and beyond the typical buffet service. Our servers name was Britt, she is originally from England and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and she did a wonderful job keeping our drinks filled and bringing clean dishes as she called them.

There are newer reviews for Western Sizzlin Steak & More

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Boring boring boring. With so much to choose from why does it all tasr sort of the ame?

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Rule #1: Don't go by yourself: they will ignore you.

Ordering my meal was OK, you just line up through queue, order a beverage and place your order. Then they give you ticket with your order number.
After I finally seated myself (hard to find a clean table) my server came, introduced herself, then asked if I needed steak sauce or ketchup. After that, she disappeared. Well, not "disappeared" since she was taking care of other nearby tables, but simply ignored me. She would walk by my table, but never check my drink or see if I needed anything else.
When my order number was called, my food just sat under the heatlamp. My number was called again: still nothing. After my order number was called FIVE TIMES, someone from the kitchen brought my my order... NOT my server.
My server finally came to check on me as I was preparing to leave and offered me a refill of my beverage (FINALLY!). So nice to see her hovering when it's time to leave a tip. :-/

The food itself OK, but nothing wonderful. I ordered my steak "Medium", but it came to me "Well Done". There was also lots of inedible fat on it, as well. What should have been an 8 oz steak, was probably closer to 5 or 6 when all the fat was trimmed off. I ordered hash browns with my order, but received a baked potato, which meant I had to send the order back and wait some more.There was also a nice hunk of Texas Toast that came with my meal. That was almost better than my meal.

I said something to the cashier when I paid my bill about the poor service and she asked if I would like a salad. I've already finished eating, so why would I want a salad?

Wrong order, poor service...it will be a long time before I go back.

1  Thank YFNETM
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The usual fare for a Western Sizzlin. Not bad, not great, just average.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This Western Sizzlin offers a special on Monday nights that is fabulous. For about $6 you get a wonderful steak, your choice of potatoes and vegetables (the grilled veggies are great), bread and one dessert from the dessert bar. The staff are always courteous and friendly. Hope the restaurant continues this offer!

1  Thank jackiebArkansas