“Perfect”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Super great food.....we left with full bellies. Reserved us a table. We walked in early by 30 minutes and it was already reserved. Sat right down. Had the bert platter and the beef tenderloin. Shrimp was perfect. Steak was delectable. Cooked to perfection crab cakes. Loved it. Thanks for everything.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Best seafood in the area”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Being a long time fan of New Orleans needless to say I'm a seafood fanatic and very hard to please on that front. AJ's is the only place in the River valley that can make me happy with seafood. No the po-boys aren't up to New Orleans standards, but they are very good. Food is always fresh and seasoned properly. Most importantly for seafood, my food has never been overlooked. If you want to just eat without all the noise go early and you can get right in, or hang around and eat and enjoy the fun.

1 Thank Mkilgore68
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“good and loud”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, good quality seafood. (Actally you can find crab in the crab cakes) only negative would be the incredible loud noise (customer conversations,tv,etc) the level of noise is a deterrent for a more frequent visit to this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank milehighbullet1
“Good, not great”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Ordered the shrimp cocktail and fried oysters as an appetizer. Shrimp definitely was not "jumbo" and it was a typical shrimp cocktail. Husband said oysters were good. They looked a little over done but I didn't taste one.

I ordered the Arkansas Gumbo for soup. It was good, again, nothing wrong with it, but nothing to write home about.Jalapeno cornbread (I ordered soup, to get the cornbread) was again, okay. My husband actually commented specifically about he cornbread being good though. I was comparing it to a restaurant we eat at often, which has AMAZING jalapeno cornbread, and it didn't come close to measuring up.

For dinner, my husband got the crawfish etoufee. It has big chunky vegetables, which is not traditional. But once he took out all the green pepper chunks (he said they were overpowering) he said it was good. I had the fish tacos for dinner. I ate one of the two. Again, not bad, but nothing I would give a resounding review about. Fish is lightly fried. I am used to grilled. The sauce they put on it is a little overwhelming.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank yeehawsister4
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
“Neat Place”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I spent Friday night here for dinner after reading the reviews in trip advisor. We had an enjoyable experience -- the food and service were both good. The one thing I was disappointed with and the reason why I gave this place an average rating instead of very good is the menu. While it is diverse in appetizers and your choice of a sandwich or a meal, there is a very limited choice of seafood. I would like to see more seafood served at a seafood restaurant, especially fish. I did have the mahi mahi special, but that was the only fish option. And no catfish doesn't count!! But overall a neat place for Fort Smith and worth the visit. Would be a good lunch spot for sure.

• Visited July 2014