“Very moving place. Lots of Civil War graves” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Fort Smith
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Very moving place. Lots of Civil War graves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

A must see if you go to Van Buren/Fort Smith. Just a great place. It is one of only two National Cemeteries that have graves of both Union and Confederate soldiers.

Visited June 2013

Carson City, Nevada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Now I Lay me down ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

As with all National Cemeteries a hushed peacefulness lies over the field.

We owe it to the boys and girls to drop in and remember their sacrifices. Silent reflection will suffice.

Visited April 2013
Salina
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“An emotional experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm hesitant to give a cemetery a rating - it feels wrong to rate a cemetery - but if I'm to make the effort, it clearly gets a 5 star rating. I had never been to a national cemetery before and just wanted to see one. I was unprepared for the emotion I'd feel, as if stepping on sacred ground. When I saw the first stone for the Unknown Soldier, I had to catch my breath, so profound was the emotion. If you've never been to a national cemetery, go. It's a moving experience, and something we should never forget.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Seahawkfan12
Fort Smith, Arkansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I visit often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a peaceful place that is always in beautiful condition. My son and several friends are there so I visit often.

Visited January 2013
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“paying respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

my family has all served so everyone buried there are my family to me god bless them for all the sacrafices they made so we can enjoy our freedem bless them all

Visited March 2012