“Great place for training presentations and business meetings”
Review of Movielounge - CLOSED

Movielounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S 74th Street
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Held an all-day training at the Movie Lounge - the room set up was perfect for our group, AV set up was high quality, and food/drink service was fantastic. Will definitely have more meetings and trainings here!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
MovieLounge, Catering Sales Manager at Movielounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your guests. We look forward to your return! Have a wonderful evening!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Got food poisoning here last Sunday and ran into someone at Walgreens whose husband got food poisoning there on Valentines Day. Food has went way downhill since the "celebrity" Chef Beck took over. Used to love this place but I will eat here no longer.

4  Thank Guwisti
MovieLounge, Catering Sales Manager at Movielounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

We are truly sorry for your undesirable experience. I am happy to share that we are under new management and are working diligently to bring our service to the very highest of standards. If there is anything I can do for you moving forward, please don't hesitate.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Last month I attended a Holiday party here with about 25 co-workers. I had never been here before but was impressed with the online pictures I had seen. The detail of this place is stunning. I am very glad an attraction like this came to Ft. Smith. The party was held in a comfortable screening room near the side bar. Every item was in order and very clean. The room had comfortable lounge seats and bar tables in the back. We ate some of the appetizers which were very delicious. We could have used more wait staff to help with seating and drink orders. However, the bar was just right outside so getting drinks was not really an issue. I look forward to going back and enjoying the live music soon.

3  Thank Megan F
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My fiancé wanted to take me to a special restaurant to celebrate my Halloween 64th birthday. He found the perfect place for me when he went on line and made reservations for us at Movielounge Restaurant. When he informed me where we would be dining I immediately went to Trip Advisor and looked at the reviews. I was very surprised by all the negative reviews posted and I was a little concerned. I guess you could say, "I went expecting the worst, but hoping for the best". This restaurant turned out to be a perfect Halloween "treat" for both of us. Our waitress (Danielle) seated us in a private area that was situated in the restaurant for anyone celebrating a special romantic dinner for two. She took our drink orders and when she brought them she also brought hot buttered popcorn for us to munch on. It was so yummy! We started our dinner with the trio of appetizers that were accompanied by 3 dipping sauces. All sauces were delicious, and the appetizers were fried in a light batter. Truly melt in your mouth and plenty for two to share. Our waitress also brought a wonderful herb sourdough bread for us. It was delicious.
I ordered the "Surf and Turf". The steak was excellent, cooked to my specifications perfectly. The "turf" portion of the meal was an excellent lobster mashed potato. I thought I died and went to heaven when I tasted these two together. My fiancé ordered the sea bass, but unfortunately they were out of it. He decided on the halibut. He said that it was a little "fishy", but proclaimed it still good. He also received steamed spinach and lobster mashed potatoes for his sides. He loved the spinach and said it was "incredible". The final stroke of perfection came at the end of our meal when I was presented with a beautiful red velvet cupcake with lit candles from my server to wish me a "Happy Birthday". There was a special jazz band with Don Bailey playing for Halloween and we enjoyed this immensely while we dined. We remained at our table after eating and drinking and enjoyed the music. We were never rushed to hurry and leave. We were made to feel welcome and to stay as long as we liked and enjoy the evening. Our waitress was exceptional, and attentive and I can't say enough good about her. We will definitely return to this little "Treat" of a restaurant.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Celebrated my daughter's 27th birthday at a Tuesday night dinner. She order the stuffed pork chop and it was a big portion with a beautifully prepared roasted sweet potato and tasted great. Husband ordered chicken fried steak and it was a small portion but well prepared with excellent sides of mashed potatoes and mustard greens. I unfortunately, ordered the scallops. Four scallops the size of a quarter each, one was full of sand and another just had a little sand. It was sitting in a avocado puree with chopped raw onion and two sliced grape tomatoes. Luckily I had ordered a side dish of bacon potato hash. It consisted of small fried cubes of potatoes with a small amount of very thin bacon crumbled on top of it. Manager came by and asked how was dinner and when I responded that the scallops had been sandy he made a sympathetic face and left.

The live music was enjoyed by my family - not too loud to still hold a conversation. I reviewed this restaurant earlier and said it would be great with a little tweaking - it still needs to be tweaked.