“Could Be Amazing with a Few Tweaks”
Review of Movielounge - CLOSED

Movielounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S 74th Street
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I had dinner with another couple because Gary Lee Hutchinson was preforming. Waiter was somewhat distracted throughout the entire meal by a table of pretty girls nearby. He didn't hear the second appetizer we ordered. The crab hush puppies were wonderful, but we didn't get the second appetizer until 2 minutes before the entrees were served but we weren't charged for it. Music was great but they were showing a cartoon movie -- Happy Feet - which was a little strange, especially when the beat of the music matched the action of the movie. Getting a refill on drinks took forever when we did manage to get our waiter attetion . My cocktail was delicious. Guys ordered steak which was wonderful. My shrimp and grits were disappointing, ok shrimp and tasteless grits. Dessert was a miss. I ordered white chocolate mousse which had no flavor. When I didn't eat imore than a bite or two they took if off the bill. My husband ordered the crème brulee, it tasted great but the topping hadn't been completely caramelized so it was soupy. The restaurant was crowded, but it was Saturday night and we expected better.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

So good I' m embarrassed to ruin my record of strong criticques be being so effusive! Seriously good, from the stunning hostess Hazel to the equally delightful Amanda who served our group. Food, and prices thereof, excellent.....for such a "chic" place to be so reasonable, to the wine list , which in my entire summer's travel, is unequalled for quality and value. I detest restaurants marking up Walmark wines three or fourfold...... here wines were to suit all palates and pockets .....really, for such a classy place to have bottles at $16/17.......I honestly have not experienced since Hunadi Etterm in Budapest Hungary......and I raved about that too. In short, a really good experience......one disappointment....I won't be back by virtue of travel distance to enjoy the food, wine, service....and atmosphere of this gem.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

First Class place. Wasn't expecting anything this fancy in a building that used to be circuit city. (I do believe that's what once was here.) Ritzi Place indeed! Food and service was exceptional. It's pricey. Had good 3 piece band playing. Place was packed. Oldest crowd I've seen in a Ft. Smith restaurant. I'll be back. Something on menu for everybody. Eight of us ate and no negative comments from any of them. I Highly reccomend...

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was not expecting this place to be that great, considering it was remodeled from a circuit city. This place is phenomal. You can eat while watching a movie, or eat before the movie, or do both. I highly recommend going. The food can be pricey, but well worth it. Great addition to Fort Smith, I would be very disappointed if this place ever closes

Reviewed July 11, 2012

First of all, this review is limited to the main lounge as we have not yet tried the cinema section of the restaurant. With that in mind, my wife and I had reservations on a Saturday evening for a romantic night out. The ambiance in the restaurant fit the bill... slightly modern with just the right amount of lighting and a lively feel while still allowing for more intimate conversations. The restaurant was at near-capacity but we were promptly seated. The wine and drink list was adequate, although we were notified after ordering that the chardonnay my wife wanted from the menu was no longer carried. Not a big deal as her second choice was available. The cocktail list looked fun but we did not try any this evening... maybe next time! A three piece jazz band was playing behind the bar and the volume, song list, and musicianship were all impressive.

Now for the food! As far as the menu, I thought the Movielounge really has it together. Offerings available to meet varied tastes without being too lengthy or complicated. For the appetizer we ordered the Smoked Shrimp Quesadilla. It was fantastic! A really unique offering for this area. For the main course, I ordered the KC strip while my wife ordered the scallops. The scallops were absolutely wonderful.... taste, texture, everything was perfect. As far as the strip, I thought it was very, very good but not among the best I've had at some finer steakhouses. If you go the steak route, be sure you like a grilled taste and texture (which I do). The service was prompt, friendly, and courteous; however, I got the impression our server was relatively new. Not that they were untrained, but they did not know the menu as well as some other nice restaurants that we've been to in the past.

Overall, a really nice experience in a pleasant environment and I am sure we will visit again. Highly recommended!