“HORRIBLE!”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Springdale, Arkansas
“HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband & I can remember years ago when this was one of the top hotels in Fort Smith. But not anymore. We were in town for two nights during the Thanksgiving holidays and had reserved a room for us & our boys. We chose this place just because there was no charge for our dogs that were traveling with us. We arrived late at night and my husband checked us in and went to the room to let us in though the door leading outside. He had to have the night clerk change the battery in the smoke alarm because it was constantly beeping. Instead of getting a new battery, he switched it with the one in the room next to us, so we still had to hear the beeping all night. But that isn't what kept us from getting any sleep. It was the room itself. It was so just flat out nasty. Not only did it smell horrible, but we were afraid to walk around without our shoes on it was so dirty. The bathroom was completely disgusting, it was so dirty that we used our bottled water we brought to brush our teeth. We couldn't even bring ourselves to use the water from the faucet. There was a huge hole were a vent was suppose to be that was covered in cobwebs in the bathroom. The heater was broke, and it was so cold in the room. And trying to get warm in the beds was scary in itself. They were so uncomfortable, and not only did our boys find cigarettes in the mattress of their bed, the "pillow top" to the mattress was BUBBLE WRAP!!!! There were layers of bubble wrap between the sheets & mattress! After a few hours of trying to get some rest from our long trip there, my husband, covered in bug bites from the bed, went and got our money back and checked us out. If it wasn't very late at night/early morning when we arrived we would have left right away. This room was a nightmare and there is no way we would recommend it to anyone. They will definitely not have our business again. Like I said, we can remember when this was one of Fort Smith's top hotels years ago. It is so sad that it has become what it has.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Nuzwife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alma, Arkansas
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have no idea how this place is in business. It's absolutely disgusting. Looks like it has never been cleaned. We were here for a birthday party. Dirt piled on the bathroom and shower floors. I was so grossed out. I know I smelled pot at one time when we were in the atrium. I don't care what the price is. Don't. Stay. Here. How in the world do they even pass inspection??

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mdean00

Travelers are raving about these Fort Smith hotels

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Some of the issues posted are true but for the price your not buying just renting it for a night or two breakfast needs a lot of help rooms have poor lighting but all in all the staff is nice and very helpful room are bigger then most just remember your not paying 80 bucks a night and 35 bucks will not get you a room at any Hilton, holidayinn, or 4 seasons no crime and no trash knocking on ur door again you get what you pay for hope this helps I would stay here on my next visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank harley d
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Started off with smelly room, dirty carpet - toilet ran all night - kids ran up and down halls ways until after 11:00 pm - actually there were kids running around all day - took over pool - no supervision - took over sitting area - very loud. I love kids, but not yelling kids on planes, hotels or restaurants. Horrible lighting, I could have picked up better furniture at a tag sale. Rusted lamps, dented Refig and microwave on last leg. Gave me a smoking room instead of non-smoking. I should have been suspicious when the sign read "Move In Specials"

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sandra M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked online as I usually do, when we checked in the counter lady gave me a smoking room,when I booked non smoking. When we walked in the nonsmoking room it still smelled like smoke,bug in bathroom,hair everywhere in tub,above the shower head had a bad water leak.after seeing all that we checked out and got our money refunded with hotel.com don't stay here its horrible trust me.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank tommycare
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When we arrived the odor was very bad, we were staying the night for my twins bday party to swim. While they were swimming I checked out the rooms, and oh my goodness, the bathroom still had pubic hair in the tub, the toilet seat wasn't on, and blood on the floor. Not to mention cigarette burns in the covers, and God knows what we got away from getting! We got a refund and left. Do Not stay here !!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank MaryElmore
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The floors were nasty had a deodorant bottle and receipt from previous guest Carpet stained and covered with debris the lights didn't work told front desk was given a pack of bulbs and told to bring back old ones. So I changed bulbs and our of three I changed still only one worked No box for ice no coffee for pot. NO HOUSEKEEPING call several times for room be clean finally got a person at 9 pm on Friday night ( check in on Wednesday) was told they didn't do daily housekeeping which I was not informed when I made the reservation. There was signs written at lobby no refunds I understand why cause everyone want cancel stay once seen room the hotel need repairs the night stand drawer broken the headboard was off wall just the drawer on table missing ceiling and walls had holes in them the skylight over pool broken . The hotel is in good location has potential to be a great place but the mismanagement is destroying it the pool and hot tub was working and appeared clean and the breakfast was ok by most standards

• Stayed March 2013