“Faultless”

Residence Inn Fort Smith
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently re-furbished and so good it looked brand new, everywhere inside and out was immaculate, helpful staff and no problems at all. The only minor downside was that they started mowing the grasss at 7-00 am.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Gail K, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Smith, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you so much for selecting the Residence Inn by Marriott for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Fort Smith

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I’ve been coming to Fort Smith a couple of times a year for the last six years with business at the airport, and have stayed at several nearby hotels. This hotel is at the top of my list for convenience to work and amenities such as restaurants and stores. I find it’s hard to go wrong with just about any Marriott brand hotel as they can be counted on to be consistently well maintained with helpful friendly staffs. This hotel fits firmly in that category.

The one bedroom suite I had on this trip was as tidy as all the other Resident Inns I’ve been to recently and very quiet making it easy to get a good night’s sleep. I especially appreciate the fact that most if not all Resident Inn rooms use a central air conditioning type of system which is considerably quieter then the outside wall mounted AC systems that are used in many hotels these days.

The hotel lobby and fitness center were going through a face lift during my stay with new floor and wall surfaces, and despite this they were still able to keep me on my workout schedule before then putting on an appetizing morning breakfast in a relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Gail K, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Smith, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments! We are very excited about the changes to the property and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gail Kilgore

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We called ahead due to the previous comment about construction. We were informed that the construction had been completed. We were just traveling through, so stayed only one night. I will agree with the comment about the loud hvac system, but it wasn't loud enough to wake me....just notable while awake.
My husband is a Government employee, so we/he travels frequently. Residence Inn is always our preferred stop if available. This wasn't the best Residence Inn we have ever stayed at, but it was clean, friendly, and breakfast was great. I'm sure it's the best stop in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and although the guest rooms were completed the lobby area had not been completed. I hope you will visit the property again to enjoy the added additions to the hotel.

Gail Kilgore

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Let me start by saying that I was moving my wife's family across country from Modesto, CA to Savannah, GA and this was a wonderful discovery. We had been on the road for about 4 days and needed a break. Upon discussion we decided to go for a two bedroom suite...it was most certainly sweet. The location was great and we really enjoyed the staff. I liked the flow of the rooms and layout of the grounds. I will stay in Residence Inns as often as possible in my travels. Everything was clean and breakfast the next day was plentiful. There was a little dinner served the night we were there as well that was made quite well, if a little bland. It was an Inn though, so no complaints. Overall, a great experience and I recommend it highly. Side note, we were travelling with my mother in law who is in her 60's and limited diet wise, plus a 2 year old. She was able to eat and my nephew was well taken care of with a crib that was brought up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for selecting the Residence Inn Fort Smith for your travel needs.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

While the staff has been very friendly and the location is great, this hotel is under construction for the next two weeks- back entrance blocked by several dumpsters, vending and ice machines unplugged, business computer and printer shut down, work crews all over- a bit of a pain, really. I'm sure it will be great when it's all done, but if you can avoid staying here in the immediate future, do so.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The angry reviewer being me - this is an update to a previous review that I wrote while exhausted, sleepless, and wheezing. I should know better. It bears mentioning that the reason I was sleepless & wheezing were due to deficiencies at the hotel, but even so that didn't justify an angry review. An honest one? yes. An angry one? no.

We were all miserable, and we still had a lousy night's stay, still took a while to recover, and I'm not in a hurry to go back. But after talking to the manager (Gail), I do believe that this was just a bad night and that guests can count on Marriott service here. While the property isn't the best, management does truly care about their guests, and my 'stain on the brand' comment was uncalled for. I'm sorry about that.

The new carpet/solvent/industrial glue fumes were thick & inescapable - and yes, we should have just slept in the car - but I was exhausted and had already sunk the cash on the room. Most places I've been change out the carpet in phases to avoid this exact situation.

The night clerk was confused and confusing about the rates & rooms available (may have been the fumes). I called the desk to see if we could switch to a different room, different part of the hotel, anything.
me: "what's your best rate on a two-bedroom?"
night clerk: "oh, you know, whatever the one-bedroom rate is, times two"
... wow, really?

After a brief check of the wallet, I figured 'don't care, must sleep' and called back to move rooms - no answer. Several tries and no one was at the desk - which is when I wrote my little review.

The few times I drifted off to sleep I was awakened shortly by either the alarmingly noisy HVAC, or later, a fleet of beeping dumptrucks emptying dumpsters under our window. The fold-out bed, while new, was too uncomfortable to sleep on. The only thing that worked well was the wifi.

Still, for all I know, this could well be the best place to stay in Ft. Smith.

Some nights, the cards are just stacked up against you and you're going to have a bad time. The next morning, Gail did what she could to make it right - the most important to me was that I could see she genuinely cares for her guests.

Room Tip: Day & evening staff are fine, night audit not so much - try to arrive before 9pm.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good location, nice rooms, nice hotel employees (besides the one lady at the breakfast bar) We rented a one bedroom suite and got an upgrade to a two bedroom suite for free. The hotel has been remodeled, I wouldn't have guessed it was as old as it is without being told. We will stay again if we are ever in Fort Smith. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family