“I thought the steak would be better!”
Review of The Rib-Eye Steakhouse - CLOSED

The Rib-Eye Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The service was so, so. The place was a little dirty and not well kept. Floors, table and glassware needed TLC.
Steak was a little tough for a new york my wife's chicken was just OK nothing outstanding in anyway.

1  Thank 45Jim

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant and eat here fairly often. For New Years Eve we wanted a nice place for dinner but did not want to fight the lines at the "chain" restaurants. We arrived and the parking lot was crowded but we got right in since it was just us 2. The have great private dining areas and the staff is wonderful. You want for nothing. They are known for the steaks and are well worth the money. Homemade biscuits with apple butter are served with every meal. If you want a great dinner for a nice price and don't want to go to the cookie cutter type restaurants try this you will be happy you did.

2  Thank ratt13
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Now at 1st a person may think I am going to give this place a bad review--WRONG.
It is on Townson Ave--a bit hard to leave if a person is heading towards Civic Center--traffic is heavy--so take care.
Food was good--average-yet good. Service was good. Place clean and I did take my grandchild here...so kids can eat here--a bit pricy for them-however.
They do serve beer and wine--yet I am a tea drinker...and they did keep my tea glass filled.
Mostly working folks come in for lunch--lawyers/sells people..etc.
I eat here 2x a year--not bad place to eat.........

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We were passing through, and it was dinner time. Eight of us entered the very quaint and nicely decorated store front. Inside was clean and warm and friendly.

We ordered alfredo, chicken salad, and three of their signature burgers. The prices were not too bad, considering you get sides and the portions are reasonable. First, the broccoli cheese soup--delicious but too salty. The chicken noodle soup--inedible due to salt. Five of us tasted it, and none would eat it. The alfredo was fair to good--portions could be larger. The fried chicken salad was very nice and large. The spicy burger was not spicy--in fact it had a surprising lack of flavor. The black and bleu burger had wonderful potential, but--too salty! The french fries were good and plentiful. One of us ordered shrimp two ways, and she was not happy with either. The grilled shrimp were too salty, and the fried were over done and not salty enough.

Atmosphere and decorations great. Service mediocre. Prices fair to a bit high. Food quality...would have probably been commended if not for the salt issue. Two of our party are "salt-aholics", and they could not abide the chicken soup. My wife and I finished our broccoli soup, but only because we so love broccoli.

I would probably not dine here again, unless someone else picked up the tab, and I had several beers to wash down the salt. I give it an average rating, because perhaps the cook that day has no taste buds. The place looks to have potential.

Please, please, please, take it easy on the salt. We have shakers at the table if we need more.

2  Thank Qbeing
Reviewed November 1, 2011

While on vacation, our relatives took us to the Rib Eye. Small, little rooms were an added treat,...very private. The steak was done perfect and the fried pickles before dinner were delicious. Our server was very attentive and saw to our every need. The entire staff was very friendly. If you are in Fort Smith, this restaurant is a MUST.

3  Thank tuna18