“BED BUGS!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Smith
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I picked this hotel because it was PET friendly, they should have said PEST friendly! Staying at this hotel has cost me a FORTUNE!!! So Far I have racked up over $700 in pest control and cleaning costs after I brought Bed Bugs home from this hotel. I guess that is what I get for bringing my own down pillows, which I had to burn. When I returned home from my stay my doctor assumed the rash I had was either an allergic reaction to the soap I had used when staying at the hotel, as it was the only thing that had changed in my routine skin care; or stress, as the reason I was staying in the hotel in the first place was my Mother-in-law was in the hospital where she almost died. It took me almost two months to discover why the rash that started here was persistent! Thanks for nothing! On a less annoying note, the tv did not work properly.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank heberrealestate

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I spent 3 nights here & didn't notice the bedbugs until i was leaving. I found several mature bugs all over the bed and the rest of the room. Housekeeping also apparently didn't notice them while making my bed or just covered the old blood spots with the pillow. Ewww.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Montessori_mommy
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Carpets & upholstery stained & dirty - need cleaned; 2 large adjoining rooms with 2 tvs - nice option; cont. breakfast not even starting to prepare at 6am as advertised - staff rude to other guest about it; needs all over freshening up.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My family and I recently drove through Fort Smith on our cross country vacation. We stayed here because it was so reasonably priced. We priced several other hotels there and they wanted close to, if not more than, $100 per night! Travelling with 2 kids, we try to save money where we can and $100 a night for a hotel room is just did not seem reasonable. I was beginnig to think we were going to have to spend more than we wanted to just to avoid having our children on a shady side of town or in a seedy room. We happened to see the Baymont from the interstate so we came in to check it out. We spent less than $60 on our room. I was shocked to see how clean our room was because I hadnt expected much since we paid so little...But for just that $60 we had a clean room, everyone had breakfast in the morning (which really saved us some money), and I got to work off some traveler's stress in their fitness center! I also loved the huge flatscreen plasma tv in our room. Aside from the value and the amenities, we were also particularly impressed with the staff. EVERYONE here is so friendly and customer service oriented. We werent in the room 15 minutes before getting a courtesy call from the desk making sure our room was good and seeing if we needed anything. Everyone is always smiling and even the housekeeping and maintenance staff are friendly. Everyone made us feel so very welcome. I have paid much more for a hotel room before and NEVER had such wonderful service from such pleasant people. We liked it so much that we signed up for their returns club program and we will now be staying with Baymont whenever possible during our travels.

Room Tip: Ask the desk person to sign you up for their returns program. you get even better discounts on futur...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad A
Reviewed October 17, 2011

we were able to book a room while in their parking lot and got a suite for $51.00 per night. The suite included a living room and full kitchen and large bedroom. There best price if you walk in was 52.00 for just a standard room

Room Tip: book online to get a great room. their wifi works in their parking lot and we booked our room while...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on business for over 15 years for many reasons. Friendly staff, great value, clean rooms, great breakfast, awesome comfortable beds, great location, free fast wi-fi and homemade cookies at check-in. They now have big flat screen tv's in all the rooms. While the hotel is an older property, it is well maintained and they keep updating it. I will continue to stay here on all of my trips to Ft. Smith!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Stokes G
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I found the rooms to be pretty clean and updated. This is a fairly aged property but, they have kept up with updating furniture, carpet, etc. I usually don't take advantage of breakfast as I'm working all the time but, I actually stopped to enjoy their spread. The property is well located with easy access to the interstate and still pretty quiet. Good restaurants (Logan's & Hooters) are 2 mins. away, Walmart about 5 mins. Hope I never have to return to Fort Smith for work again but, if I was traveling thru I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in front are quieter than the back (interstate) side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business