“Not bad but bring your own pillows.”

Best Western Aspen Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We only stayed one night so can't say much about the service but the check in lady was very polite and quick to check us in. Hotel is very clean and recently updated. The bed is a little soft and has cheap, cheap pillows. I would suggest to bring your own. For a king sized bed we had five pillows. I slept with two to keep me comfortable. That's the worse part of the hotel. It is a little difficult to find because the sign is not easily seen from the road but look for the Outback Steakhouse and turn in at the light.

I really liked the size of the room too. Some hotels a king size bed takes up most of the hotel room but this was very adequate. There was a side chair, desk and chair, mini frig and microwave and of course TV stand with drawers for clothes. The room did not seem over stuffed with furniture which is always nice.

Breakfast was pretty good. Usually coffee, juice and milk with cereal, assorted breads/patries and waffles. They also had a hot chaffing dish with biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon and eggs. For the price of the hotel and being a free breakfast this was a nice touch! Just wish fresh fruit was available.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sushitravels

Reviewed July 23, 2010

The Aspen is in a quiet area and has extremely friendly staff who offer fresh baked cookies on registration. The foyer is nice with breakfast room, comfy sofa/chairs and TV. Down the hall the rooms are average, clean enough, with comfortable up-to-date beds. Fast internet is a plus. Tub/shower combo was okay, tile in bath but small vanity area. I like to spread out my toiletries but couldn't there. Few downsides was small, snowy TV, no extra blankets (but could probably ask for some). Included a microwave and frig in the room.
Outdoor pool but no spa. Didn't use the pool but people did till about 11:00 p.m and was a bit noisy.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of hard-boiled eggs, meat, muffins. Not the best for the price. But I don't know about any other hotels in the area, but I'm thinking one could do better.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clem70
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I was in town for business. This hotel is located in a great spot for walking to restaurants and access to the highway. It is a no frills hotel and two nights was my maximum only because the hotel rooms felt a little small. But, there is no downside to staying here. The prices was definitely right ($60 per night).

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I travel alot and stay at many different hotels throughout the year. We were extremely impressed by the cleanliness of this hotel, the friendly staff, comfortable bed, and great price. The free breakfast is wonderful and the high speed wireless internet is also free. It is surrounded by some great restaurants and is less than a mile from the mall. If we are ever travelling through Ft. Smith again we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I'm at the end of a cross-country trip, and The Aspen Hotel was my favorite night. The night receptionist was super friendly and gave us cookies at check-in. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was large. The bathroom was attractive. This hotel was my favorite because of the breakfast. There were hot biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, and a waffle maker. If you are in a hurry they even provide frozen breakfast burritos.

I can see that some people may have trouble with the customer service here. The two young women at the desk the morning we left were foul and rude. One of them had her boyfriend hanging out in the lobby. The other said out loud in front of customers "I have to go outside and smoke, these people are driving me crazy."

But, I would still recommend Aspen, and would stay again. They allow pets. I stayed here with my cat. The friendly night receptionist even let me know that she had not meowed when I left the room to get dinner.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FiveAlive
Reviewed October 13, 2009

OK, this is a good hotel for a good price. I booked with Hotels.com and got a great rate, but if you book through the hotel website you will probably pay twice as much. The hotel is in a good local area with restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is clean and quiet and everyone was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was good, sort of a upscale continental with waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, bagels and cereal. The only thing missing was orange juice and fruits. The only negative I could say is that they feed stray cats at the front door. This was no big deal to me but some people may not like it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very nice hotel for the money. It was the best one we stayed at our whole trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family