“Great Location”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
arkansas
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I stayed at the Aspen Hotel and Suites because it's almost directly across from the hospital. It's location made it very convenient for me to travel back and forth in a matter of minutes. They have a great breakfast and have lots of of restaurants within walking distance. The rate was great and I'll definitely stay again when I'm in Fort Smith.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank wearytravler1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ottumwa
Reviewed July 1, 2006

The room was honeymoon perfect! We had some maintenance problems but the staff was very nice and they gave us a reasonable rate because of the room problems that had to be fixed. The breakfast is not good (although it is touted as such) but with a room like this who wants to go downstairs foir breakfast?

1 Thank luvlarry
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2006

Me and my wife wanted a get away from the kids for Valentines Day. We called made reservation for the $135 suite and the lady we talked to on the phone said the room would have a fireplace, 4 person jacuzzi, and 2 beds. We were so excited until we actually checked in and got in our room. What was suppose to be the ideal romantic getaway was actually just a regular room for the price they told us. It had a 1 person jacuzzu tub and no fireplace and one bed that was it for the whopping price of $135. If I had only knew I would have saved my money and took my wife somewhere else. Next time I will know and thought anybody else that planned on staying there might also like to know as well. Look around before you decide to stay in this motel

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sherman, TX
Reviewed July 10, 2005

My husband booked this hotel as a last minute stop on our way to Eureka Springs. We got the biggest room (except for the Presidential suite) for the government rate so the rate was good for that size room. The room was nice and very clean. It was also extremely quiet. I usually have a lot of trouble sleeping in hotels, but that was not the case at the Aspen. The staff was very friendly, but couldn't really provide any tips on what to visit while we were in Fort Smith.

I was a little disappointed in the breakfast because the biscuits were cold, and the waffle iron did not work (waffles came out raw on the inside). The pool is basically in the parking lot behind a Chili's restaurant, so we didn't go swimming. The jacuzzi tub in our room was nice, but not very big, as we were led to believe. I probably would have been a little disappointed if I had paid full price.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank JDHSherman
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 22, 2005

Stayed in the presidental suite on my wedding night. I was very impressed. The room has a fireplace that can be seen from the bedroom and living room, the shower is fantastic, with two shower heads and the jaccuzi tub is big enough for about 4 people. I was very happy with the room and would stay there again any time.

1 Thank LambChops26
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2005

I stood at Aspen hotel and suites at the beginning of of January this year 2005 and I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel or the room. I was on a trip to meet the parents and the who ever did the turn down service in the room was fabulous! the room was fixed so beautifully that it was not hard to say yes to the life changing proposal. It made that special weekend extra special with all the helpful workers at the hotel. the room was nice and spacious and the bathroom was very nice. the only thing i will say anything about is the water from the toilet kept running. but that was it, everything else was great. the hotel was close to dining and stores<----- i diffently need the shopping close by. i recommend the hotel to anyone that will be visiting the area.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
amarillo
Reviewed July 31, 2004

Stayed there recently. Was clean and in nice location with many restaurants and shopping nearby. A little off the beaten path of I-40. Overpriced for the size of the room and amenities.