“Convenient, clean, nice rooms”

Best Western Aspen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Very convenient to airport, breakfast buffet ready very early in AM. Small outdoor pool. Hotel was very clean with couteous helpful staff. Right next doot to Chilies and very near other restaraunts.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Best Western Aspen Hotel

Reviewed March 3, 2008

The hotel is 100% smoke free. Fresh and clean smelling. Which is nice. The common areas are also very clean and well kept. The room is standard size and also offers a fridge and microwave. The beds are very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet. We stayed on the 2nd of 2 floors. The breakfast was good and offered the standard continental breakfast that most of the hotels now offer. The pictures posted are accurate. The larger photos are that of the suite and presidential suite. The standard room is shown as 2 queens. I would stay here again without hesitation.

The only complaint I have is that they would not give us the lower room rate as advertised on hotels.com. So I booked with them opposed to directly with the hotel and saved close to 30 dollars a night. So the moral is check online before booking with this hotel directly.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We booked this hotel at the last minute. The location is great with several restaurants within walking distance. We were traveling with dogs and there was a nice area outside to walk them.

Our room was clean however it did have a distinct, unpleasant odor. I could've requested a room change but it was late and we had the dogs so we just stayed in it. It was tolerable but not ideal obviously.

I would recommend the hotel - perhaps we were just unlucky with the odor in this particular room.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank travelswith2dogs
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I stayed at the Aspen Hotel and Suites because it's almost directly across from the hospital. It's location made it very convenient for me to travel back and forth in a matter of minutes. They have a great breakfast and have lots of of restaurants within walking distance. The rate was great and I'll definitely stay again when I'm in Fort Smith.

• Stayed: November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wearytravler1
Reviewed July 1, 2006

The room was honeymoon perfect! We had some maintenance problems but the staff was very nice and they gave us a reasonable rate because of the room problems that had to be fixed. The breakfast is not good (although it is touted as such) but with a room like this who wants to go downstairs foir breakfast?

1  Thank luvlarry
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 20, 2006

Me and my wife wanted a get away from the kids for Valentines Day. We called made reservation for the $135 suite and the lady we talked to on the phone said the room would have a fireplace, 4 person jacuzzi, and 2 beds. We were so excited until we actually checked in and got in our room. What was suppose to be the ideal romantic getaway was actually just a regular room for the price they told us. It had a 1 person jacuzzu tub and no fireplace and one bed that was it for the whopping price of $135. If I had only knew I would have saved my money and took my wife somewhere else. Next time I will know and thought anybody else that planned on staying there might also like to know as well. Look around before you decide to stay in this motel

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2005

My husband booked this hotel as a last minute stop on our way to Eureka Springs. We got the biggest room (except for the Presidential suite) for the government rate so the rate was good for that size room. The room was nice and very clean. It was also extremely quiet. I usually have a lot of trouble sleeping in hotels, but that was not the case at the Aspen. The staff was very friendly, but couldn't really provide any tips on what to visit while we were in Fort Smith.

I was a little disappointed in the breakfast because the biscuits were cold, and the waffle iron did not work (waffles came out raw on the inside). The pool is basically in the parking lot behind a Chili's restaurant, so we didn't go swimming. The jacuzzi tub in our room was nice, but not very big, as we were led to believe. I probably would have been a little disappointed if I had paid full price.

• Stayed: July 2005