“Silly Mon Rolls”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The cinnamon rolls are what they are famous for but everything else is great. They even have chocolate gravy on the breakfast menu. My favorite is the squash casserole and chicken strips.

1  Thank ratt13

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Me and my wife have eaten there a few times and the food was not much better than microwave entrees ... My opinion would be to go somewhere else

1  Thank Ld447
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We apologize your experience has been sub-par. However, I assure you nothing has been microwaved. All of our food is made to order, and is made with all fresh ingredients from local suppliers.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

The menu says bottomless cup of coffee but when you order a cup of coffee you better know there are rules, the first cup is complimentary and you may or may not get a second but beware if you ask for the third cup to go it may be a feasco. The food is very good despite any help issues.

Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We apologize that your service was not to your liking. We strive for perfection when it comes to service and hope that you may again revisit our restaurant and give us the chance to serve you correctly.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I hadn't eaten here in years, and ate lunch here today, and wow! This is Arkansas down home food. When ordering a dinner entree, get the baked squash for one of your sides and you will not be disappointed. And, the wife's favorite, is that before the meal they serve you a basket of, not hot rolls, but fresh cinnamon rolls! Just make sure to leave room for your meal. Very good service and in an atmosphere that would make the guys off of American Pickers jealous, very neat place.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have been to Calico County on numerous occasions and have consitently had the same good food, good service and atmosphere each time. Its menu can be a diet buster but I am always happy to see they have the 1/2 portion option for many of the menu items. When ordering the 1/2 portion I have never left hungry! The portions are huge. Each time I have gotten a different entree and loved each one. I normally get a baked squash dish which I love. The fried corn on the cob is another of my favorites. I am not a fan of the cinnamon rolls however. They seem small, dry and run of the mill compared to all their other menu selections.
The atmosphere is what I would call ecclectic and rustic. Different types of antiques displayed on the walls and throughout the place. Very busy every time I have been there. A favorite of many locals.