“Very good food and service”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in Fort Smith
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had to go Fort Smith and went to this restaurant because of the good reviews on trip advisor. Our GPS brought us downtown and everything looked a little bit dark outside. The restaurant looked clean and nice inside. The waiter was very nice and fast with the drinks. The food came fast and was very good. My husband said that they had the cleanest restroom he had ever seen in a restaurant. They also had Dyson hand dryers :-)

1  Thank Heike E

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My son lives in Vietnam and recently came home to Fort Smith for a visit. He wanted to introduce me to Vietnamese food because I probably will be taking a trip there soon. He was just amazed by this restaurant! He said the food was better than most restaurants in Vietnam!! He has to go back to Vietnam, but I will be returning to the Green Papaya often until I've tried everything on the menu!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am almost reluctant to write about Green Papaya for fear that I will not be able to find a table next visit. Vietnamese food that is out of the world. It is the best Vietnamese food I've ever eaten, although I only occasionally eat it since my spouse prefers meat and potatoes. We usually "share" the # 15 vermicelli with shrimp, egg rolls, bean sprouts, lemongrass, pork, mint. It is a huge portion, but I have eaten it all by myself when very hungry. The oyster sauce is wonderful. The service is great. It is difficult to find if you are not familiar with south Fort Smith, but it is worth buying a GPS to find if necessary.

1  Thank SWRVS
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Got into Fort Smith and noticed that many of the top restaurants were Asian. When I asked, I was told that there was a huge Asian population And their food was outstanding. When I inquired further, the unanimous recommendation was Green Papaya. And, boy, were they right. Every appetizer and entree could truly be called one of the best I'VE Ever had.

4  Thank hll333
Reviewed June 19, 2013

While visiting my son and his family, I offered to take them out for dinner. Since I am unfamiliar with Fort Smith having only been their twice before, I asked where they wished to go. Almost in unison they said "Green Papaya!". As we drove down the highway I kept looking for the neighborhood to move from depressing to depressed, which it didn't, then when pulled into the parking lot, I really questioned their decision for from the exterior, it looks like an abandoned Baskin Robbins. When we opened the door though, I was immediately inundated with scents of spices and cooked meat that reminded me of my favorite restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. Since I have spent a lot of time over the past few years in Vietnam, I immediately knew I had stumbled upon a real jewel but reserved my final opinion until our dinners were served. Interior is Spartan but comfortable. Menu was quite extensive and offered traditional Vietnamese dishes. For the unfamiliar with the cuisine, there are flat screens on the wall scrolling pictures of various dishes and the menus have a reasonable description so when the very friendly and obviously Vietnamese wait staff take your order, I suggest doing so by number so unless you are fluent in Vietnamese, which I am not, you don't mangle the names into unrecognizable sounds (try 31B, PLEASE!!!). The Shrimp fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce was a meal unto themselves. The fried spring rolls with fish oil and hot pepper sauce were more like lumpia found in Southern Philippines. My daughter-in-law had Pho with chunks of chicken so large it was obvious half a hen had been sacrificed for her dinner. My son ordered fried rice noodles covered in enough vegetables to start a garden and slices of beef perfectly cooked. I enjoyed a marinated beef dish with steamed rice and vegetables (31B) that left me wondering why anyone would ever leave. This was not only one of the best Asian meals I have ever eaten, but one of the best meals. It was that good. So ignore the neighborhood, disregard the exterior of the building, pay no attention to the lack of atmosphere inside, sit down and prepare to enjoy one of the best meals you will ever have!!!

2  Thank CalebTumon