“Amazing stay”

Courtland Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fort Scott
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay rooms are small but the history of why is awesome. The innkeepers are knowledgeable about the history of the building and area and go out I the way to make sure you have a pleasant stay. So many updates to bring a piece of history to modern day. Hope to come back many times.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tiffilala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A very friendly and helpful innkeeper. Spacious rooms. Clean and well kept. The hotel was built long ago as a place for people to stay who were passing through on the rail road. We could hear train whistles ... but hey didn't bother. It's part of the atmosphere. Today the hotel's been restored. New it's not and the age shows ..... but it's nice. The continental breakfast is a bit sparse ... no elegance there .... but if some juice, cereal and bagel will do, you will be satisfied. The prices are quite reasonable. You are but a city block from the Ft. Scott National HIstoric Site and that will be one of the better ways you will find to spend the time to walk a block and then linger. No elevator and a lengthy staircase. Some reviewers have commented on small rooms, but ours was large so we must have gotten a better one. Ask for a room with a king sized bed if you need a large room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vandal72
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was absolutely impressed by my stay at the Courtland Hotel. Before I even arrived, I received a voice mail concerning my arrival time. It was a very personal touch. At arrival, I was stunned to see this was an older inn with a lot of charm and history. The owner was extremely friendly and showed me to my room. While the room is smaller, it was fine for me. There was wireless internet throughout the building. From the hotel, you can walk to the National Historic Park or walk around the scenic downtown area. If you have the chance to stay here, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I had an excellent overnight stay at the Courtland Hotel. From the time we checked in, the owner, Frank was very welcoming and accomodating. Our room was comfortable and very clean. I highly recommend this establishment for a time in Fort Scott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz L
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a historic hotel that has been renovated. Our room was decorated very cute and was comfortable. Frank, the owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit small and I would have found it difficult to stay more than 1 night. No elevator, so be prepared to climb stairs. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srogers426
Webster City, Iowa
Reviewed March 27, 2014

my brother & sister in law as well as my mother and father inlaw plus my 12month baby and my s/o had just spent the first part of our week in a average run of the mill hotel over by Wichita to visit family so when we came to fort scott me and my sister in law decided we wanted something a little more fun. We where not disappointed, this place is full of charm and magnificent architecture that will transport you back to a time long since past. The owner greeted us and was more than helpful when it came to knowledge about the town. We did have to lug our stuff up the stairs but everyone that works there was more than will willing to help so it was no big deal. The rooms are quite small but they comfortable the sheets where soft and smelt so good .. the room was clean and well kept... each room is also decorated differently which i thought was fun. I also saw they where in the process of making a couple rooms into suites so on our next stay well have to check those out. I also liked the breakfast its nothing special but i enjoyed the fact that i had options from almond milk to yogurt as well as a bagel and peanut butter. long story short this is a great place to stay if you are on vacation, its reasonably priced and historical.

Room Tip: get a suite if you desire more room ... the rooms are a bit small ...