“The Cottage....”

Lyons Twin Mansions
Ranked #1 of 1 Fort Scott B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was traveling from Branson, Missouri back to Nebraska and stayed in The Cottage. It was comfortable and relaxing. Miss Pat was amazing! She was so friendly and attentive. She was even nice enough to deliver breakfast to The Cottage for me. The food was delicious! I would love to return again someday with my husband and stay for a few days in one of the mansion rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Lyons Twin Mansions

Reviewed April 9, 2013

5 of us descended upon the Lyons on Easter Sunday evening and found a huge old house chock-a-block full of photos, gee-gaws, DVDs, magazines, pillows and comfort. Ms. Pat is a gem and her granddaughters are lovely & lively (we enjoyed introducing them to lacrosse). Our rooms were comfy and large, the bathrooms crazy fun - be sure and try the Royal Safari with the steam shower. We ventured downstairs in the a.m. to find a table set for 5 but no one in sight, we waited a minute then poked our heads in the kitchen - nothing. DUH! We were supposed to go next door to the OTHER MANSION! OK, we did that, had a great breakfast from the menu - trout Eggs Benedict was quite hearty and tasty! This mansion is a twin of the other but without all the bric-a-brac, quite interesting to compare them.

There are also trains that run all through the night, my husband and I would wake up, enjoy the rumble and fall back to sleep. If you like simple and understated this is not the B&B for you BUT if you want fun, crazy, kind, comfy and historical this place is perfect.

THANK YOU MS PAT!!

Room Tip: Royal Safari is on an old sleeping porch - lots of room and the bathroom is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spend 5 days on a business trip in Fort Scott and this place came highly recommended. I was amazed at the great personal service and the kindness of Ms. Pat (the owner) and her staff. They made me feel at home, I have not stayed at a BB in a very long time and was a bit apprehensive, but this was an amazing experience. I was in Joe's room, on the top floor, the room was huge with a sitting area in front of the fireplace with a big flat screen TV above, a huge king size bed, a sitting area near the window and 2 desks, wood floors and nicely decorated. This was very confortable and enjoyed my stay. They even have a mini refrigerator that they stock daily with sodas and water for your enjoyment. No matter what I needed they were there to help. The mansion is filled with many antiques and Ms. Pat will give you a personal tour. Breakfast was great (it is usually served at 9 am on) but Ms. Pat and her staff accommodated my 7 am starts every morning. You must try the black bean burrito breakfast, it was simply amazing. Thank you Ms. Pat and your staff, you love what you do and it shows, If you are ever in Fort Scott this is the only place you need to consider staying.

Room Tip: Do not book on the internet, but instead call Ms. Pat directly and talk to her about the rooms and w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights, wonderful cottage, superb hospitality and genuine friendliness. Having stayed and travelled the globe, invariably in 5 star establishments (Shangri la for example), the sense of something special came with this stay. You don't need concierge services or fancy restaurants, explore the area, support the community and you'll have a far enriching experience than a faceless hotel chain. Good, clean and honest. Travelled from the UK.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jaydogz
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in the "Hideaway" room with my wife and our 6-month-old daughter. It was perfect. The whirlpool tub, giant TV, super accommodating staff, awesome breakfast... just the relaxing stay we were looking for. And the history of this place just almost walks off the walls and grabs you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Madfrisbee
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a grand old mansion that could use just a bit of attention. The room was nice, but not pristine. The carpet in the hallway could use a good cleaning; perhaps a replacement. The breakfast at the restaurant in the twin mansion next door was good, but couldn't compare to some of the phenomenal breakfasts we've encountered at other bed and breakfasts. Our host, Miss Pat, was extremely proud of her establishment and it is evident that the owners are trying to update the mansion to meet the desires of their guests. We would highly recommend the restaurant downtown next to the Liberty Theater, Crooner's Lounge. The food was excellent, chef quality, and the staff was equally impressive and friendly to out-of-towners.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiway13
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have never written an online review before, but I feel compelled to write about my experience at the Lyons' Twin Mansions B&B. My experience was so wonderful and the mansions are just so unique and special. I had to stay the week in Fort Scott for business and staying here definitely made my work week seem like a mini vacation! All props go to Miss Pat and her exceptional staff. Miss Pat is a warm, friendly, accomodating, gracious hostess who went out of her way to provide me with kindness, comfort, and anything else I needed to ensure my stay was top notch. Considering I had such a fantastic experience, I will definitely return to the Mansions in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Pleasanton
King's Way Inn
King's Way Inn
#5 of 7 in Fort Scott

Been to Lyons Twin Mansions? Share your experiences!