“An Unexpected New Favorite”

Lyons Twin Mansions
Ranked #1 of 1 Fort Scott B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in the "Hideaway" room with my wife and our 6-month-old daughter. It was perfect. The whirlpool tub, giant TV, super accommodating staff, awesome breakfast... just the relaxing stay we were looking for. And the history of this place just almost walks off the walls and grabs you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Madfrisbee

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a grand old mansion that could use just a bit of attention. The room was nice, but not pristine. The carpet in the hallway could use a good cleaning; perhaps a replacement. The breakfast at the restaurant in the twin mansion next door was good, but couldn't compare to some of the phenomenal breakfasts we've encountered at other bed and breakfasts. Our host, Miss Pat, was extremely proud of her establishment and it is evident that the owners are trying to update the mansion to meet the desires of their guests. We would highly recommend the restaurant downtown next to the Liberty Theater, Crooner's Lounge. The food was excellent, chef quality, and the staff was equally impressive and friendly to out-of-towners.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiway13
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have never written an online review before, but I feel compelled to write about my experience at the Lyons' Twin Mansions B&B. My experience was so wonderful and the mansions are just so unique and special. I had to stay the week in Fort Scott for business and staying here definitely made my work week seem like a mini vacation! All props go to Miss Pat and her exceptional staff. Miss Pat is a warm, friendly, accomodating, gracious hostess who went out of her way to provide me with kindness, comfort, and anything else I needed to ensure my stay was top notch. Considering I had such a fantastic experience, I will definitely return to the Mansions in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Bennett's Celebration for a weekend getaway. What a wonderful staff! The mansions are simply beautiful and the staff is accommodating and friendly. Although there are personal touches throughout the house, we didn't feel like we were intruding in someone's home, rather like welcome guests in a beautiful hotel. We enjoyed the free wifi and flat screen TV in our room, and loved the super comfortable bed!

I did spring for a massage from the salon services menu. Although it was perfectly nice, I could have gotten a better massage back home for less money. Oh well, it was a great getaway!

Room Tip: Bennett's Celebration has a wonderful Tempur-Pedic foam mattress and great natural light.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shalyn M
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed at the Lyons' Mansion during our stay to attend a special event while in Fort Scott and had a terrific experience. The entire property has lots of great character and the family puts a lot into their unique service. We stayed in Lar's Lair and it was like our own private getaway for the night.
Breakfast was excellent from the restaurant in the Twin Mansion. Great food and service to end our stay!

Room Tip: Miss Pat gave us the option of two rooms on our arrival. Way better than staying in a standard hote...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My husband and I ended up in Fort Scott for business. We were lucky enough to get Preecia's Hideaway and were not disappointed. It had great tub, huge tv, king sized bed and a very comfortable seating area. I loved all the attention to detail that was everywhere. There was coffee and soda stocked in the room, an abundance of pillows, even foot warmers and kimonos in the closet :) We were sad to leave but thrilled to have had the pleasure of staying

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had a great time at this B&B. The owner was very nice. We did have a few disappointments. We specifically got a room with a hot tub outside and when we arrived it was not working and we didn't get a discount or anything which was a bummer as we were looking forward to it. Also the decor in our room was a little odd as it was a bunch of family pictures from the 80s which we thought was weird. Other then that we did have a very nice stay. The food was amazing and we slept well.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Fort Scott
King's Way Inn
King's Way Inn
#6 of 7 in Fort Scott

Been to Lyons Twin Mansions? Share your experiences!