TripAdvisor
Savannah
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best meal had in years!”
Review of 45 Bistro

45 Bistro
Order Online
Ranked #20 of 1,024 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were overnighting in Savannah over the Saturday of Labor Day weekend - looking for a dinner spot without a reservation! Stumbled in 45 Bistro after encountering 90 minute waits for any restaurant on River Street. We were seated at the bar right away and our bartender/waitress Demetri made us feel welcome through out the night! We had two different appetizer specials followed by the snapper and grouper and topped off with the flourless chocolate cake! Everything was delicious and flavorful - definately one of the best meals we had in years (and we live in Atlanta with lots of culinary options!) Exceptional service and inviting atmosphere made the whole night a special experience! High recommend!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (707)

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary last night at 45 Bistro and took advantage of Savannah restaurant week specials. My filet was perfectly prepared and tender. My wife's salmon was nicely seasoned and complimented with tasty orzo. The grilled Caesar salad seemed popular across the room and the creme brulee was among the best I've eaten. For restaurant week they opened the Marshall House breakfast room for added diners a bright and airy space with a huge skylight. Staff were attentive despite crowd.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner there over 4th of July weekend. The wines were very good. I had a pate' appetiser that was very good. My wife had a watermelon salad that was also very good. The entrees (lamb and ribeye) were cooked as we ordered them.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016

A justification for staying at the Marshall House... This extremely good little resturant attaches itself to the Masrshsall house but also has a separate entrance. I was pleased to see that nobody was dressed in shorts, flip-flops or tank tops. A very elegant resturant that we decided to eat in also for our second night as the first dinner was so good

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Out-of-town friends and I met for a late dinner at 45 Bistro last evening. What a treat! Our service was spot on...informed, solicitous but not intrusive, and friendly. Our variety of dishes were fresh and exquisitely prepared. Too often when one dines late, it feels as if the kitchen is tired and cutting corners. Not here. Every dish was carefully prepared and presented, from the escargot appetizer and the beef carpaccio appetizer through the beef, veal and fish entrees. And we shared a delectable berry cobbler. I had forgotten how excellent 45 Bistro is, and I shall not let five years go by again before I return here again. More recent arrivals like The Grey and Thr Florence don't even come close to matching the quality of the dining experience at 45 Bistro. Expensive? Yes. And worth every penny.

Date of visit: July 2016