Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA
Ranked #57 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Calling ahead for a reservation was delightful, attendant was very polite, professional, and willing to assist in anyway. Our previous night stay was a mess . We arrived and was greeted by the gentlemen who had taken our reservation. He was pleasant and we were immediately directed to our room. The room was excellent, very clean, and on the first floor so as to provide us . The morning breakfast was complete, coffee, milk,scramble eggs,sausage, oak meal, etc. The dining area was clean and presented a calm atmosphere. All personnel we encountered were very polite and professional........

Room Tip: everything is good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank linda c
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay was with us. We appreciate your feedback! We hope that in the future you decide to stay with us at our Country Inn and Suites.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

There were numerous restaurants and gas stations within walking distance. Downtown Savannah was only 10-15 minutes away.

The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Every staff member we encountered smiled, asked if we needed anything, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. If I return to Savannah, I will stay at Country Inns and Suites and I will recommend it to everyone .

Room Tip: Studio suites ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Big and specious
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roger s
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Roger,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us! We are glad to here it was enjoyable, and hope that in the future you stay with us.

We look foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Booked this thru Groupon and Living Social. Had two nights. My MAIN reason for booking this was because of the indoor pool/hot tub and breakfast. Two of those reasons were null and void. The hot tub doesn't have any working jets. It is a hot bowl of water that you sit in. When I questioned this, the lady told me "Its scheduled to be fixed Jan. 2014" Thanks, that is helpful since I am here now. I said "Well, it would be nice to know this" she let me know "Its on the website". I didn't book on your site. How about you tell customers when they call in to book as well? Just a thought.

No fresh cookies when you walk in, you get a packaged set of Grandmas cookies. I guess baking cookies cost too much?

Room quality, the latch on the door was broken off. You wonder why has that never been fixed? My friend was drying her hair the entire hairdryer came out of the wall and scared her to death!!! Overall, the room was fine, but keep up with your maintenance issues.

Breakfast: Not good. Skimpy, no variety. They did biscuits and gravy. Biscuits on one side of room, gravy on the other......so you had to walk clear across the room to fix your plate... Then they had spoons on one side of room forks on the other, so guess what, you had to walk back to the first place to get your appropriate fork/spoon. They had very little variety especially considering I do not eat sausage, thats basically all that was available unless I wanted cold cereal or a waffle. They had one working waffle maker and a broken one just laying around. The breakfast area had stained beat up chairs stored in it (dunno why). Not appealing to guests. They also shut the breakfast down to the MINUTE of which it ends. There was a woman waiting for a waffle and the mix was already taken up. Really? Would it kill them to leave the waffle mix out for 2 minutes? I could see not restocking the food, but to really just snatch it from guests 1 minute after breakfast ended?

As I departed the property, I spoke to the manager about the issues with our room and the hot tub not working, and she acted like I was just being a major pain "Were you able to lock your door" Um YES we locked the door but the thing is broken off, just thought you'd like to know, broken things don't impress guests in a room. Like that wasn't the point of the conversation. Anyway, I can say the location here is good. Many things to do, eat, etc right around, walking distance to Appleebees, which we enjoyed. I would suggest to the hotel to get you're advertised things fixed, and spruce up your breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karyn H
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have had while you stayed with us. The issues have been addressed to management and will be getting resolved as soon as possible. The parts to fix our whirlpool were ordered a week ago, and will be arriving within the next two weeks. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will still stay with Country Inn & Suites in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are die hard Country Inn & Suites fans and because of that we were able to stay at this location for free. We were welcomed by Jordan who actually called us after we settled in our room to ensure everything was ok. Place was very clean and inviting. The fitness room only had one treadmill and a weight machine which was disappointing and the jets were not working on the hottub which seems to be more common lately at these indoor ones at CI&S. However, the pool was awesome and the breakfast was wonderful as always. This is a 5 hour ride for us on our way to Florida several times a year and we will make this a layover in the future as it is right off the highway with no street noise!.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We apperciate your feedback on your stay with us, and we are happy to hear you had a enjoyable stay with us. We do apologize for the inconvience with the hot tub jets, we ordered new parts for it last week and the shipment should be arrving within the next two weeks. We hope that in the future when you are traveling through Savannah you plan on staying with us!

We look foward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for my birthday weekend. The staff is nice. The room was very spacious. The breakfast was your typical extended hot breakfast. Hot items changes from day to day. Lots of items to choose from. Plus I got a great deal on my room. Would definitely say here again!!!! Plus to location of the hotel is like 15 mins away from everything!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smilee1116
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday weekend staying with us! We hope that in the future you decide to stay with us when you visit Savannah for your birthday or any occasion.

Shannon Kochendarfer.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My travel in October led me to this hotel late at night after getting lost in downtown Savannah! I was welcomed by Jordan with a smile, and she went above and beyond to get me settled into a very clean, comfortable room! She then gave me a map with directions to historic downtown so I would not repeat getting lost again! Breakfast the next morning was hot, and welcomed! Eboni who works during the day at the front desk was a pleasure. Always asking how I was or if anything needed. She also gave me instructions to nearby restaurants and shopping! These two women were such a pleasure and made me feel safe, secure, and right at home. I've made two great friends and I look forward to seeing them again soon. You won't regret staying in this hotel under their care! Thank you Eboni and Jordan!

Room Tip: I have no doubt any room will be perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Melanie,

We are so happy to hear you had a enjoyable stay with us when you visited Savannah. We will defiantly be sure to recognize the excellent service that Jordan and Eboni performed for you. We hope you decide to stay with us when you visit Savannah again in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Ok so it is November and we visited this hotel in May...I MAY be a procrastinator. I apologize! Upon checking in Jordan was great. They had just cleaned the carpets in our room so she promptly put us in a room w/dry carpet. Every member of the staff that we encountered was courteous! Furthermore, I cannot say enough about Ebony...she called the Welcome Center to get us directions to a landmark we were trying to find and she made it possible for us to extend our vacation one more day (who does not want to do that?). Thank you, Ebony, for everything! The room was nicely decorated and clean and the breakfast was warm (large containers of syrup out on the tables!).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Kat F,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we are glad to hear that our staff treated you with their upper most respect! We do hope that when you visit Savannah again you plan to stay with us.

We look foward to seeing you again.