Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway
Ranked #59 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A brief stop on our way to Florida. Price of room was very attractive, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the facility. Staff at check in was very friendly and helpful. Likewise on check out. They went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Breakfast was typical Country Inn fare and more than adequate. Very convenient freeway access. Rooms are extra large. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scuba_mark
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear scuba_mark,

We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope that in the future you plan to stay with us on your way down to Florida, or when you come to visit Savannah.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

A very pleasant and comfortable stay. Staff was wonderful, room was very clean. LOVED staying here. After a long day with a 8 year old grandson going full blast.....what a wonderful feeling to open the door of your room and it looked and smelled so clean!!! Would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear 387Lois,

We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us! We always aim high to make sure are rooms are very clean, to meet the expectations of our guests. We hope that when you visit Savannah again, you plan to stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

this hotel is great. I stayed on our way to Orlando. we had a 2 queen room. it has been recently renovated and is pretty. we got cookies at our check in. we did eat breakfast in the morning. we had a good variety and ended up eating waffles, eggs, sausage, and potatoes-which had so much rosemary on them we could not eat them. overall I would highly recommend this hotel. the price is wonderful for the quality you get.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goldylocks28

Dear goldylocks28,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you plan to stay with us again while visiting Savannah.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I felt very safe and secure here- my room near the elevator had a npise which I reported to mgmt.- it was late and I had been driving all day and really too tired to move to another room as they offered- would def stay here again

Room Tip: do not stay near the elevator - first floor loud noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear sunrise43,

We are happy to hear that our property felt like a safe location for you to stay while you were in Savannah. I am sorry to hear that the elavator was making a loud noise all night. We will be sure to address the issue, so there will not be issues for future stays with us. We hope when you plan to come back to Savannah, that you stay with us!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay completely! Each front desk associate I encountered was absolutely GREAT!! Quincy, Michael, Dori, & Eboni were all very friendly, helpful and very personable. They really made the difference for my stay because they were all so very kind and helpful. The breakfast staff saw to it each morning that the breakfast food was good and plentiful. I had my daily oatmeal, sausage, yogurt, fruit, juice & tea/coffee just like I was at my own home. There were also hot waffles, French toast, eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, grits and so much more! My room was very spacious, clean, a/c worked good, had a great flat screen TV. The bedding was clean and comfortable. I liked the extra touch of make-up remover packets in the bathroom. The location is good because it's near lots of restaurants, outlet malls, short drive to Tybee Island and downtown Savannah. I enjoyed everybody & everything and will definitely stay here again whenever I visit Savannah.

Room Tip: I requested & stayed on the 3rd floor(elevator worked fine so no problem to access)and it was ve...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank S L K

Dear SLK,

We are very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us, and that our front desk staff was very attentive to your needs. We hope you choose to stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway in the future when coming to Savannah.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I travel a lot in business and stay at hotels every night. I stayed at this hotel on 10/19-10/22. This was by far one of the best priced hotel (59.99+tax weekday) that I ever stayed at. It was clean, comfortable and the hotel staff eager to please. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the savannah Georgia area.

• Stayed: October 2013
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Angie,

We apperciate your feedback, and we are happy you decided to stay with us! We hope you do recommend us, and we also hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Quiet clean until we had the breakfast it is horrible everything else is five stars the hostess over the breakfast area isn't friendly at all cold sausage and nasty gravy mix with meat it is the worst breakfast I have ever had for a country inn the front desk mgr is a five star she goes out of her way to make sure her guest are relaxed the lady on the night shift on the Tue night we were there five star she and her manager made our two nights perfect thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank JayRina2009
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Rina 2009,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent visit at our Country Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway.

I am glad to hear that you found out hotel to be clean and our front desk staff to be 5 star.
However, I am disappointed to hear that our breakfast and the hostess were not satisfactory. We are in the process of evaluating our breakfast and may be making changes in the coming weeks. More training is being done with our breakfast hostess to make sure they are performing to guest and brand satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.