“Great first stay---I will stay here again!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway
Ranked #49 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norcross
“Great first stay---I will stay here again!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay completely! Each front desk associate I encountered was absolutely GREAT!! Quincy, Michael, Dori, & Eboni were all very friendly, helpful and very personable. They really made the difference for my stay because they were all so very kind and helpful. The breakfast staff saw to it each morning that the breakfast food was good and plentiful. I had my daily oatmeal, sausage, yogurt, fruit, juice & tea/coffee just like I was at my own home. There were also hot waffles, French toast, eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, grits and so much more! My room was very spacious, clean, a/c worked good, had a great flat screen TV. The bedding was clean and comfortable. I liked the extra touch of make-up remover packets in the bathroom. The location is good because it's near lots of restaurants, outlet malls, short drive to Tybee Island and downtown Savannah. I enjoyed everybody & everything and will definitely stay here again whenever I visit Savannah.

Room Tip: I requested & stayed on the 3rd floor(elevator worked fine so no problem to access)and it was ve...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank S L K
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear SLK,

We are very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us, and that our front desk staff was very attentive to your needs. We hope you choose to stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway in the future when coming to Savannah.

We look foward to seeing you again.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I travel a lot in business and stay at hotels every night. I stayed at this hotel on 10/19-10/22. This was by far one of the best priced hotel (59.99+tax weekday) that I ever stayed at. It was clean, comfortable and the hotel staff eager to please. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the savannah Georgia area.

• Stayed October 2013
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Angie,

We apperciate your feedback, and we are happy you decided to stay with us! We hope you do recommend us, and we also hope you stay with us in the future.

We look foward to seeing you again.

Deltona, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Quiet clean until we had the breakfast it is horrible everything else is five stars the hostess over the breakfast area isn't friendly at all cold sausage and nasty gravy mix with meat it is the worst breakfast I have ever had for a country inn the front desk mgr is a five star she goes out of her way to make sure her guest are relaxed the lady on the night shift on the Tue night we were there five star she and her manager made our two nights perfect thanks!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JayRina2009
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rina 2009,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent visit at our Country Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway.

I am glad to hear that you found out hotel to be clean and our front desk staff to be 5 star.
However, I am disappointed to hear that our breakfast and the hostess were not satisfactory. We are in the process of evaluating our breakfast and may be making changes in the coming weeks. More training is being done with our breakfast hostess to make sure they are performing to guest and brand satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Los Angeles
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first stay at a Country Inn and Suites. We booked the hotel for these reasons: Reasonable Price, Refrigerator, Free Parking, Free Hot Breakfast, and Microwave, in that order. Had I known, I would have added WINDOW TREATMENTS. They were the most effective I have ever seen - Kudos for keeping out the morning sun. It was about a 20 minute drive into the city, which was fine - no traffic. We didn't know that we could have had the Old Town Trolley pick us up and take us there - so I am happy to share that info with others. The room was large. The bed was cushy and comfortable. The pillows were comfortable. The down comforter was more than I would like, I didn't realize till we left that there was a PERFECT blanket in the closet, so look for it if you want a lighter one. I liked that they gave you Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, my favorite. I liked the breakfast. I had Waffles, Yogurt, and Grits with Coffee and Milk every day. My husband had Eggs, Sausage, bagel or other, and coffee & Milk each day. We were both happy. I have to say, the coffee was DELICIOUS and they had my favorite hazelnut creamer. I also tried the Cranberry Apple Tea and it is my new favorite thing. They had the paper every morning which I like. The TV in the room was really nice and they have a channel listing that was correct. The A/C worked great and was not too loud. The table and dresser and night tables were nice. The staff was very friendly - they were more genuine than at other places - they were real people that you could have a real conversation with. They really seemed like they wanted you to have a nice time. The breakfast people were very friendly and they were really on top of keeping things filled up and cleaned up. The room was clean. There were plenty of close parking spaces. There was an ice machine, but it was on the first floor. I liked that there was a SONIC nearby since I had never eaten at one. There were other restaurants nearby. There was a botanical garden about a mile away and a big swap meet. It was freeway close, seemed like about 10 minutes or so to the airport right up the freeway. The only negative for me was a light musty smell so I kept our clean clothes in the suitcase and that worked fine. I would highly recommend the hotel and an very glad that we stayed there,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LAtoEverywhere
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything and everyone was to your satisfaction.

We are investigating the musty smell you mentioned to find the source and eliminate it.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great place to stay if you are going to tour savannah. The price is right and it is close to where you get off I-95 to go into downtown Savannah. The pool and spa were spotless. Breakfast was your typical fare for hotels that include this amenity. Rooms were large and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for your visit to Savannah, and that the cleanliness of our hotel was up to standard. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you decide to stay with us again in the future while visiting Savannah.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Fort Lee, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this location for a night. First arrive in after midnight and the two staff members excellent care of me because I actually thought I made reservation for that night but it turned out to be for the next day which the mistake was on my part but she never did mention anything about to me. They knew that I was very tired from being on the road. That is what I call excellent customer service. Also the room was clean and wonderful.

Room Tip: Room in the corner suites .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to hear that our staff assisted you promptly and respectfully. We hope that you stay with us again in the future!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is the best I stay during my trip to Florida A very quiet place
the free breakfast was delicious and the service was fantastic the room well prepare and very very clean no dirty spot on the carpet I will recommand this hotel to anybody

Room Tip: we where on the second floor and din''t have noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

We are happy to hear that from all of your stops on your way to Florida, we were the best stop for you! We appreciate you taking the time and writing a response about our hotel, and hope you decide to stay with us again on your next trip down to Florida.

We look forward to seeing you again.