“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Erie,Pa
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2005

stayed 4 nights as part of bus trip.
52 people on bus+we all were in rooms in less than 15 min.Very organized.This is basic motel but room was clean-large enough-standard continental breakfast.About 6 miles from historic district.Only diappointment-pool not open til may 1st-temp was in 80's.Very impressed with manager.Desk clerk refused to cash $100 travelers check( also the case at different motel-previous night-is this something new ?) I spoke with manager later-he apologized-said it shouldnt have happened.Nice touch-I no longer needed cash but the fact that he addressed the issue was important to me.Would stay again

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank paba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Newnan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2005

Very clean. Outside parking lot poorly lit. Staff helpful. Not enough TV stations.

• Stayed April 2005
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2005

My husband and I stay at this hotel almost everytime we have to make a trip to Savannah to visit family. We are often able to get a room there when there are few rooms available in town. There is nothing special about the hotel, but it is always a good value. It is always clean and we can get a good nights rest there. I think it is often overlooked because it is a little older, but it is still in good shape. If you are looking for a no-frills hotel and a comfortable stay and a good price, then this is the place for you.

Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2004

I made my reservations through Priceline and got the Baymont. I have to say I was a bit hesitant after ready some of the reviews. However after staying thier, I have to give it a thumbs up. The rooms were clean, everything in the room worked. The free breakfast was great. I travel a lot and have been to some of the best hotels in the world. I have come to find out that a high rack room rate does not mean a good hotel. I no look for the basics and go from thier, clean room, front desk staff helpfullness, bathroom, food, atmosphere. While I payed half to stay at the Baymont than I wouuld have in some of the hotels I have stayed at. I have to say I had a much much better expereince. They could spend a little money in some things like the infratructure as far as wear and tear, but overall it was a great stay and will stay at this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank Plainfieldman
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2004

We stayed at this hotel last week and were quite satisfied. I re-booked at the last minute because I found a better deal on Expedia than the AAA rate. This Baymont, like many of the Savannah hotels, is on Abercorn Street, a very busy main artery into downtown. If you want quiet, you might want to stay out by I-95 - you might save a few bucks, but be aware that the I-95 hotels are quite a distance from downtown Savannah. We would've liked to have stayed in the downtown historic district, but the hotel prices there are out-of-this-world, so this hotel on Abercorn Street was a good tradeoff for us between convenience and cost. We did not have time to use the pool, but it looked fine. The staff was very friendly and got the continental breakfast out an hour early to accomodate a girls' soccer team with an early game that morning. I would rate the breakfast as average as continental breakfasts go these days. Overall, this hotel was just dandy for the value price we paid and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

1 Thank SoccerKat
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

Was disappointed in this property. Phone in room didn't work- at all- I didn't discover it until I was trying to place a wakeup call for my departure the next morning. Obviously, I couldn't get a call back. Stayed in an "Ovations" room. The pillow top mattress was nice, but the "special" pillows were the pits - hard and lumpy. Staff didn't seem particularly helpful or interested.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2003

The Baymont was great for its price. When you first walk in the registration area is clean and staff greet you with a warm smile. My room was clean and I didn't hear a peep from neighbors. When inquiring about the sites of Savannah, the staff had a lot of information to share and even gave me a bus map of locations. Upon completing my stay at the Baymont, the staff gave me a 20% discount for my taxi fare back to the airport.All in all, I would gladly stay at the Baymont again.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member