“Savannah Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Savannah Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very good property. Very caring employees and an excellent place to stay for the money. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained and the included breakfast was very good. Excellent location and convenient to most everything in Savannah. My wife and I would definitely stay here again when we return to Savannah.

1 Thank William M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in Savannah at the La Quinta, Southside. Easy location to historic downtown about 10 minutes away, Hunter Base main gate @5 minutes away, and also mall shopping. Staff was very friendly, especially Johnathan at the front desk. Room was available for early check in and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast as expected from La Quinta.Will plan on staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the main road noise.
1 Thank bobijo4
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Pet friendly with tips provided on registration about area restaurants and venues that are also pet friendly, very helpful. Bathroom very small, but adequate. Overall smaller than other La Quinta locations visited in past.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank 498raeb
Glennville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

6 miles outside of downtown, safe parking lot, easy cab access, and it doesn't get any better for the price point. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay when touring or enjoying the night life in SAV.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Because we travel with our dogs, we have stayed at La Quinta Inns on our travels from Canada to Florida each winter. We booked our first night on the way home at this hotel and booking in at 9:00 meant all parking spaces were gone! The rooms were a little rubbed down and not as clean as they could have been. Most disappointing part of stay was the neighbors and all the screaming and hollering outside our door! We called front desk and asked to be relocated because our dogs were getting very upset and we were told " no"! I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but our two worst stays with La Quinta have both been in Georgia (Augusta) last year!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I booked 2 Non Smoking rooms w/double beds online and was supposed to be guaranteed my 2 rooms with double beds because I entered my Credit Card info....well that didn't happen. I was not told but just given the room cards to find one king room and one double room. I went to the front desk and they told me that they only had one left and if I wanted to drive another 10 miles I could go to another La Quinta. I had just driven 6 hours out of Florida and was really tired and just wanted to rest. So my Brother-in-Law had to sleep on this thing that sorta resembled a couch and he is 6'7" tall and my Mother-in-Law and Aunt slept in the king bed. Our room smelled like an ashtray (I do not smoke) and the carpet was soaking wet with a musty odor. It was not an enjoyable sleep. Woke up and went downstairs to get breakfast at 7 AM .. breakfast started at 6 AM we were told and ended at 9 AM. There were no waffles one bagel left and a Muffin. When I asked the attendant if there were more waffles she replied "it takes a while to mix them" ...seriously? with her standing there...I was wondering if these were magic or what? Ive made waffles in my lifetime and all it is..is pancake mix for goodness sake. I saw a large family there eating waffles and the mother was telling someone that she worked at the La Quinta and brings her kids every weekend for breakfast..well now we know why the breakfast station was empty. This was my first time staying in a La Quinta and I was really disappointed in this stay and will never go back again.

Room Tip: Keep Drivng
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family