“Disappointing!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
Ranked #56 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Because we travel with our dogs, we have stayed at La Quinta Inns on our travels from Canada to Florida each winter. We booked our first night on the way home at this hotel and booking in at 9:00 meant all parking spaces were gone! The rooms were a little rubbed down and not as clean as they could have been. Most disappointing part of stay was the neighbors and all the screaming and hollering outside our door! We called front desk and asked to be relocated because our dogs were getting very upset and we were told " no"! I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but our two worst stays with La Quinta have both been in Georgia (Augusta) last year!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I booked 2 Non Smoking rooms w/double beds online and was supposed to be guaranteed my 2 rooms with double beds because I entered my Credit Card info....well that didn't happen. I was not told but just given the room cards to find one king room and one double room. I went to the front desk and they told me that they only had one left and if I wanted to drive another 10 miles I could go to another La Quinta. I had just driven 6 hours out of Florida and was really tired and just wanted to rest. So my Brother-in-Law had to sleep on this thing that sorta resembled a couch and he is 6'7" tall and my Mother-in-Law and Aunt slept in the king bed. Our room smelled like an ashtray (I do not smoke) and the carpet was soaking wet with a musty odor. It was not an enjoyable sleep. Woke up and went downstairs to get breakfast at 7 AM .. breakfast started at 6 AM we were told and ended at 9 AM. There were no waffles one bagel left and a Muffin. When I asked the attendant if there were more waffles she replied "it takes a while to mix them" ...seriously? with her standing there...I was wondering if these were magic or what? Ive made waffles in my lifetime and all it is..is pancake mix for goodness sake. I saw a large family there eating waffles and the mother was telling someone that she worked at the La Quinta and brings her kids every weekend for breakfast..well now we know why the breakfast station was empty. This was my first time staying in a La Quinta and I was really disappointed in this stay and will never go back again.

Room Tip: Keep Drivng
2  Thank glassgypsy
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Good mid-range hotel for the price. Not sure I agree with the new policy of "rent by the week" guests. They seem to think they OWN the hotel and are rather rude to the other guests and the hotel employees. Other than that, good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

To whom it may concern, I would like to thank Mr Hugh for his professional management service. His staff is always friendly and helpful. I always feel right at home from the monent I check in/out of his hotel. Mr. Hugh is always eagered to ensure that my needs are meet with the utmost customer satisfaction. LaQuinta Inns & Suites is always my first choice, I am always guaranteed great hospitality food and service. I never hesitate to recommend my family and friends because I know that they will be treated extremely special. I am looking forward to my next visit. Thank you for this opportunity to allow me to share my experience at LaQuinta Inns & Suites!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Beware !
We are 3 sisters traveling together with 1 dog & need "pet-friendly" places to stay. Most are wonderful but not this place !
One sister and I room together and the other keeps the well behaved and clean dog. We were given 2 "pet-friendly rooms, possibly to keep us close together. Both rooms smelled like dogs (unusual, in our experience) but we figured we could endure it for one night.
No one slept well and at 5AM our sister with the dog told us she would be waiting in the car until we were ready to go. BUGS in her room, she just wanted out of there ! Unfortunately it ruined our trip to Savannah because we just couldn't wait to leave it all behind !

Room Tip: I have no idea if the other rooms are any better but no way would we ever go back there !
1  Thank travelerDanville_va
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We only sayed at La Quinta Inns when we are on the road but the La Quinta Inn in Savannah is not as good as some others.
The lobby is not very welcoming, the rooms are tired, the cleanliness is average and there are a lot of details to fix in the room.
It is more like a motel.
Not my favorite for sure :-(

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel met our needs,Not fancy,but clean and a good value.We had a one night stay for a college visit and would stay here again. Clean and confortable. A very good staff. The breakfast was good,but crowded. There was no meat available,but it did have waffles and other items. Coffee was not fresh brewed,but liquid type-Just fair.

1  Thank JimmyInGeorgia