“awesome stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
Ranked #58 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Only one night, because we were on the go....but what an excellent experience. I couldn't have received more, the personnel were very helpful, and friendly. They made that night to be unforgettable to us by giving a guidance of what to do. Thanks.
Dr. Villalon

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked on Sunday June 23, 2013 you would do wise to never check in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Unlike most hotels that designate certain rooms smoking or pet friendly for that matter the front desk informed me that all the rooms on each floor could house pets and let me tell you they were freaking everywhere. For those that love their dogs great but for those who don't want to be a a room where the slept what the what!

You could hear them yapping at all hours and they were coming and going like people right through the lobby where the so called breakfast was served.

Got to my room hair all over my bed, animal and human. The house keeper placed the bedding on the floor as she changed the two beds how do I know, well I watched her change the beds after my complaint and she through my freaking pillows and comforter on the floor and I told her "Do you suppose that's how hair got on the bed in the first place or hey maybe you did not change it at all"? Told her now I need you to change my pillow cases and I need a fresh comforter and she said that did not have any more nor did she offer to wash the two on the floor (strange since the frond desk said they had a laundry on site?). When she pulled back the covers to change my bed let me tell you about the nasty mattress paid with the yellow stains and coated and I mean really coated with all kinds of hair from I don't know how many stays she could not change it either and did not offer to wash and bring it back. In the end I had her just double my sheets and this amounted to the bedding that I had during my stay.
Let me also say that you would think in a pet hotel that you would hear vacuums going 24/7 during cleaning but my family and I never say one in the halls with the maid carts and never heard one being employed! Can you say pet hair in your bed anyone?

My suggestion to management is that they have really good vacuum cleaners and consider having pets on one floor so that patron can choose non pet occupied rooms. This hotel made my skin crawl. The hall floors were filthy! Not vacuumed once during our stay, when you got on the elevators pet hair everywhere!!!

People were not checked in timely but stacked and racked like an airport as well. We waited and waited for our room only for it be dirty when we checked it. The girl at the front desk finally had two rooms ready but my mom had to wait and wait. In the end she said it would be less than 30 minutes and my moms room would be ready! Suffice to say she never called and 2 1/2 hours later we go to the front desk and the girl who had been looking at us all day said high are you here to check in! I looked at her and asked are your serious you all were supposed to call two hours ago! The other girl then happens by and hangs her head saying oh God I forgot. She comped us $30 dollars and promised to have her GM to call me. Yeah you guessed no GM call. At check out I had to relay this sorry tale and the new lady at the desk made excuses about how short staffed they were and comped me 1 free night. If this was the Hampton/Hilton chain this would have been unacceptable and fully comped for my mother and myself. I will never go to another LaQuinta as long as I live and I really used to like this chain!

My cleaner Jeneen sucked. The frond desk sucked! Hugh Osborne General Manager you suck for not keeping an eye on your hotel and staff. Wayne Golberg President and CEO this hotel is horrible. La Quinta 8484 Abercorn Street Savannah Ga 31406, don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We made our reservation through "hotelcoupons.com" app from our car on the drive up from FL. The hotel was clean the staff was friendly the breakfast was great. Even had hot waffles right off the grid and they were kosher as well! There is an Orthodox Synagogue nearby. The shul has daily minyanim there. There is also kosher food available at the Publix supermarket a block from the shul. The location of the hotel is very convenient to Historic Savannah which was our reason for the visit. The hotel staff was so kind when they reached us via telephone after our departure because we had left a personal item behind. They offered to mail it to us however we were able to retrieve the item on our way home later that day. The only negatives were: a loud air conditioning system and very tiny parking spaces which begged for "door dings"

Room Tip: you can request a room with microwave and small refrigerator
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very affordable, at around $70. Near Orthodox Synagogue (for minyans) and Publix supermarket that has fresh kosher selections. Close to historic downtown. The Inn has a complimentary breakfast in the morning that includes fresh hot kosher waffles! yum! Rooms were clean, roomy and comfortable except for the loud air conditioner. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave as well as a coffee pot. The front desk was friendly and after we checked out we got a phone call that we had accidentally left a personal item behind and the Inn wanted to know if they could mail it to us. Fortunately we were spending the day on a tour of the historic areas and we stopped by to pick it up on our way out of town that evening. Also....there was a nice swimming pool on the property. Parking was tight because the spaces are very close together however we were able to park next to our room.

Room Tip: We made our reservation from the road using "hotelcoupons.com" app on our mobile phone.
1  Thank Pam W
A La Quinta traveler
North Olmsted, Ohio, USA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Room is ok, price is very attractive, we slept good, breakfast is rather limited. But when we checked in we were informed that our reservation was cancelled -- but not by us! They had a room but we do not really like these surprises. They could not tell us who cancelled, how it was cancelled, or when it was cancelled. A bit disturbing.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed one night here and would absolutely return. Our room was neat, clean and pet-odor free. We had our two dogs with us and it was so nice to not be charged a single penny to have them stay with us. The front desk staff was very accommodating to my finicky requests and did so with a smile. We enjoyed the clean pool for some playtime after a long drive and were made to feel right at home. The breakfast buffet in the morning was a perfect start to the day. It included, assorted cereals, fresh muffins, bagels, waffle maker, toaster, yogurts, warm hard-boiled eggs, coffee, juice, etc. I very much feel like we received an excellent value. I believe our room was $65. for the night, plus tax.