“It was wonderful!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
Ranked #51 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 1:30 AM. The beds were soft and comfortable. Room was clean. The room was a wonderful value. Great room, great service, great value. What more could you ask for. We will definately be back.Thank you all!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
jasonnaper, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

We are glad you had a comfortable stay in our comfy pillowtop beds. Were glad you enjoyed Savannah. My staff and I thank you for chosing our property while in town.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband, sister and her boyfriend stayed at this hotel on June 11th for my birthday trip. I'm from the Savannah area and knew staying on Abercorn outside of the historic district would put me close to everything I wanted to do.

The hotel was very clean, the showers had great water pressure (which we needed coming from an all day trip to St. Simons beach), and the most comfortable bed and pillows. I love a nice plushy bed, and that's one reason we continually choose La Quinta Inns when we take trips. The beds are awesome and the price leaves us with plenty of cash to spend doing things around the city we stay in.

The only minor complaint, which seems to be common, is the air conditioner. A necessity in southeast Georgia, especially during the summer. It was comfortable enough for the evening when we used it most and hovered around 70 degrees.

Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay. I even got to wrap up the trip by catching up with Stephen (a supervisor), who I went to prom with and ate lunch with in high school 10 years ago! We're planning on staying here again when we go back throughout the summer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

We are so happy you and your family had a nice stay in Savannah. It was a pleasure having you.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for a one night stay for a friends wedding in Savannah. I was impressed with the $75 price. However, I was not impressed with the room. Yes, they have updated the decor but otherwise it was as basic and unimpressive as a Days Inn. I was very disappointed with the smell of the room. It smelled of smoke and dogs. It almost took your breath away. When I unpacked our bags once we got home, I had to wash everything as it all stunk of the room. The breakfast is also not a real breakfast. Get there early too. By 10 am they were cleaning everythingup, even the coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking and a pet free room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
jasonnaper, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

I'm sorry your stay wasn't great.

We all do our very best to be 100% for all of our guests every day, every time. We have a small smoking section high up on the 3rd floor, and our pet section is the low end of the 1st floor.

When we have a guest who ignores the non-smoking rules, we ionize the room, and deep clean it to avoid our non smoking guests to have to deal with this.

We aparently failed to satisfy your expectations and I am very sorry for that.

I held a staff meeting and shared your visit with them so we as a team can work harder to focus on these important details.

I can assur you that this is not the norm. I hope you brought this to the front desks attention, I require them to relocate guests to a new room in situations like this.

Our breakfast hours run from 6am to 9am on weekdays, and 7am to 10am on weekends.

I hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future, I hope you can contact me directly so I can personally inspect your room for you.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in the past with my family and it was wounderful. This time was a little different. The room that I reserved was a exc king so my son which is 3 yrs old would have more room to play and also these are the only rooms listed to have refrigator and micowave which I found out is not true all kings have this I think. The staff was very nice, room was very clean but the problem came with the a/c. The way these rooms are they have a work counter on top of the a/c so your room will never get below 77 degrees. You have a setting for 65 but thats a joke. My wife called the front desk and they said they have people complain about this all the time and they would reset the unit but trust me that didn't help. They never offered to move to another room. If my 3 yr old son was not sleeping good we would have left. I bought this to the attention of the front desk the next morning along with the toilet not working correctly. They said they would have mgr call me but that didn't happen. My wife did call the mgr 2 days later and he told her that yes they have a problem with these rooms but couldn't change the structure because thats the way the corporate had put them in all hotels which is stupid. My wife ask about a customer satisfaction and he told her next time we stay he would see what he could do. I work for customer service and this is not the way you handle a problem. I called the corporate hotline and filed a complate which was a joke. They said they would have a mgr call me but that never happend. Today I called them back and after a long drawn out fussing the rep finally said she would mail me a refund but would take 4 to 6 weeks. They have a 100 percent offer and they should follow it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

I'm very sorry you didn't have the very best visit.
We have a total of 6 Executive King rooms, that are larger in size than our standard King rooms (Our kings are all pretty large in size compared to other hotels in Midtown Savannah).
The construction of our "EK" rooms were developed for the business traveler that requires a larger work space, that would be the desk area over the AC unit.
I have to agree that durring the HOT Savannah season these rooms are difficult to cool down to the 65 degrees on our units. The cold air blows upward under the desk making it hard to circulate the air.

What I did to help durring the hot season is I mounted fans up under the desk to assist in proper air flow, this seems to have helped considerably.

We couldnt offer to relocate you durring your visit because we were totally sold out that day.

I spoke with the Mrs. and explained the situation and that conversation seemed to have went very well, I even offered to do something for you folks durring your next visit.

As I told your wife the unit that was in your room was bran new (and she said she could tell it was bran new when she looked at it) and installed only days before your arrival. I would understand a refund if the unit was broken, but it is bran new, and she was satisfied when we talked.

I felt I went above and beyond offering a special promotional discount during your next visit.

I was surprised when you called my corporate office to issue a complaint, because of the conversation I had the day before.

I always do my very best to ensure our guests are happy, I'm sorry we failed you this time. I hope to have the opportunity to searve you again. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Two friends and I visited for the 1st time and really liked it! Thank you!

Room Tip: We were in the mgr's apt. & loved it!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We need to have out little dogs with us and this hotel was perfect for us. It is also located near everything you should see in Savanna. The beds were very confortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Neat, clean and friendly staff will make sure your stay is a pleasant one. We have stayed several times now and would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

It is always our pleasure having satisfied guests such as you folks. We love providing the southern hospitality to you and everyone we come in contact with. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

As always, We are Here for You.