“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Was recomended this hotel and glad they did. This was the best customer service I have experience in years. Extremely freindly service from all staff. I was in the hotel and restaurant business for many years and this is how a staff is suppose to treat the guests, true southern charm. Room was fine. Will definitely stay here my next trip to Savannah.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
FairfieldSAVMidtown, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Dear FFT16,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property and our staff so much. We strive to make every guest feel comfortable and at home and I am thrilled that we achieved our goal during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah during your next visit to Savannah. If we can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Traveled with a girl scout troop, staff very friendly, nice to the girls, but the hotel was very dingy and dirty, with extra critters. Toilet overflowed multiple times.

• Stayed August 2010
FairfieldSAVMidtown, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Dear OutDoorBee,

First, I would like to apologize for the delay in replying to your review. I do not want to give the impression that we are not concerned with our reviews, because that could not be any further from the case.

In regards to your review, I am so very sorry to hear that you had an encounter with "extra critters." I have already directed this review to my Engineering Department and we will have our exterminating serivce out to thoroughly check the property this week. As a Marriott property, we strive to maintain high standards of quality and cleanliness. I truly apologize that we fell short of those goals during your recent visit.

However, I am thrilled to hear that you and your troop were made to feel welcome during your stay. If your travels bring you back to the Savannah area I hope that our postive customer service will stand out in your mind and prompt you to give the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah another try. Should you choose to return to our property please feel free to contact me directly so that I can ensure everything is in excellent order for your visit.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and let us know where we need to make improvements.

Director of Sales

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We were a boys U-15 soccer team and had a great experience at the hotel. The staff was very heplful and wetn the extra distance to help us out when needed. The weather wasn't the greatest and the boys were tracking in dirt and mud and the lobby area stayed clean. The breakfast is great and there are enought peolpe helping out and keeping items filled.

• Stayed August 2010
FairfieldSAVMidtown, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah. We strive for every guest to have a wonderful experience and its a great pat on the back to our staff when their hard work is recognized. We will continue to keep up the good word and you continue to come back and see us at the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah!

Canton
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We recently made a trip to Savannah to register our daughter for college, Armstrong Atlantic State University. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown. I would highly recommend this hotel! The staff was AMAZING! They were friendly, very helpful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was very pleasurable!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Tamera86
Dear Tamera86,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah. I am sure the visit to register your daughter for college was a bitter sweet one. But now you know you have a great place to stay when you need to come down for a visit and a little mother-daughter time. :) Thanks again for the compliments. I will be sure to pass along your praise to all of our staff.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 2, 2010

All in all, this was convenient and a good value - What made this stay exceptional was the staff. I don't usually expect above and beyond service with a mid-market hotel. However, at arrival the staff was extremely friendly, apprising us of the complimentary happy hour, and of the breakfast. They were helpful in directions, and always acted respectful. We spoke of how unusually warm it was, and made some small talk. But then, the reason why this stay was exceptional presented itself...
I forgot a business journal in my room. I checked out and traveled on the morning of departure. When I arrived home on the other side of the US, I remembered the notebook in the room. I phoned the hotel in a bit of a panic, and was helped by the same young lady that checked me in: Ivory. Ivory was able to locate and ship my journal to Phoenix at no charge. Not only was I impressed once, but twice. This is hospitality and a staff that genuinly cares about the guests. It's great to see the manners, and then someone that's willing to go the extra mile to help you out!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KoOlinaMike
Dear KoOlinaMike,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am glad that our staff had so many opportunities to go above and beyond your expetations. Zavie, the Front Desk Agent that you were speaking of, is one of our valued employees and a shining example of the customer service that we strive to provide every guest. I am glad to hear that journal made it back to you safe and sound. If your travels bring you to the Savannah area again, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you as a return guest.

Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel had very friendly service. They were very helpful. It was odd that when I needed different pillows, they made me carry all eight pillows down to the front desk myself., though. Another drawback is that the elevator is not air conditioned.

It struck me as odd that each room has a dehumidifier, but I guess it is just due to the climate. I also found it odd that they let neighboring people and kids take over the lobby computer, TV, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
FairfieldSAVMidtown, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear Nrocpop:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah. I am glad that your overall experience was a very positive one. And I also would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. In regards to the situation with the pillows, I can not imagine why you would have been asked to bring them down yourself, unless it was late night and we had limited service. But even if that was the case, the situation should have been explained. Regardless of the reason, I will adress this with my housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

A visit to Savannah in July is a visit filled with hot weather and high humidity. We keep several dehumidifiers on property as a convenience to our guests in an effort to keep them more comfortable.

Lastly, I am almost postive who you are reffering to in regards to using the computer in the lobby. The children that you are referring to are here with their parents on a long term work assignment. They have been in house with us for more than a month and this has become home to them. I can assure you that all of our amenities are reserved for hotel guests only.

Again, thank you for your feed back and opinions. I truly hope that, if your travels permit, you will be our guests once again at the Fairfield Inn Midtown Savannah.

With Heartfelt Hospitality,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We were in Georgia visiting for a family reunion and had the opprotunity of staying at this hotel, which is centrally located close to everything! The inside of the hotel was definitely classy and the restaurant had fabulous food! I definitely will be staying at this hotel every time I visit Statesboro, GA.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear LEANDRA66:

Thank you for your glowing review of our facility and our staff. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience and truly look forward to your next visit.