“First visit to Savannah”

Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #55 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Buffalo, New York
“First visit to Savannah”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a great experience. Travelling with my Grandchildren, I was pleasantly surprised. the room was very clean and comfortable. We were in a renovated room with all new decor. The staff was exceptional from check-in to breakfast. The rest room on the first floor was very clean. Unfortunately the pool was undergoing maintenance. Luckily it was a minor inconvenience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown. I see that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable. As service from the heart is our key focus, I will certainly share you positive comments with our team for further encouragement; it is always nice to see the outcome of our efforts. Thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you soon again.

Warm Regards,
The Team at
Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel was average. It is an older building with outside entrances to rooms. The room was pretty clean but was older and just didn't seem fresh. There was a dehumidifier in the room which indicates to me that there is a moisture issue. The tub did not drain properly so by the end of my shower I was standing in water that covered my feet. I probably would not stay here again because I think there are better options in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. .Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

The Management Team at
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

When I reached my next destination 3 hours away I discovered my wallet was missing. At the same time the telephone contact number that was in my wallet (a friend back home) called me to tell me that Victoria, a housekeeper at the Inn, had called her to say she found my wallet in the room I had occupied. That's service!

I drove back and retrieved my wallet.....a great relief. Nice to know that honesty and good service can be relied upon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

The Team at
Manchester Township, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Clean with a nice location to riverfront and shopping
The staff was great.
Went out for diner at the front advise, it was just what we wanted.
The map they had at the front desk was very helpful in getting around.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your lovely review and comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Our number one goal is to provide all our guests with an Excellent experience during their stay. We thank you for your business and can't wait to serve you once again. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
The Team at Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown
Lexington
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. Had read mixed reviews on it, but I must say I could not have had a better stay. All the staff, including the front desk, the housekeepers, the breakfast people, could have been more pleasant or accommodating! The hotel was full with three large buses and occupants there, two of them were baseball teams. The hot cookies in the lobby are to die for!! We requested and received a room on the third floor. The hotel has three floors, two of which open to outside corridors. The third floor has been added and opens to an inside corridor, like most hotels. The beds were very comfortable, the linens adequate wash cloths a little thin, but towels fine. Rooms are not extremely large, but for the two of us, the Executive King bed and room as fine. There is an elevator, accessed with your room card. The location is very convenient to getting to the historic district (about 10 minutes), and close to many restaurants and shopping. We will definitely stay here again, when visiting Savannah.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room, we had room 312, facing the street, but was very quiet, and away from the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate, that you took the time to share your experience with us. As service from the heart is our key focus, I will certainly share you positive comments with our team for further encouragement; it is always nice to see the outcome of our efforts. Thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you soon again.

Warm Regards,
The Management Team at
Cheraw, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The staff was great. The hotel is older but very clean and the bed was wonderful. They could do with updated furnishings. The breakfast was standard and could be fresher. The king rooms are a little too crowded with furniture.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor. These rooms are all inside rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LINDA O
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

The Team at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family & I stayed here for our annual springtime gotta go somewhere warm & green vacation. I chose this hotel chain because we had had good luck with them last year in Elkin,NC.
This property is older, and less modern, BUT clean and in process of remodeling. That said, the room was too small. We booked an "executive double double", and had been invited to make special "requests" when I booked. The "requests" had been ignored. Other little things that annoyed... Tiny bathroom, with a faucet that ran constantly & a slippery bathtub that made early morning shower time "exciting". The mini fridge & humidifier were in the "main hallway" of the tiny room, which made it even tinnier. We did not get maid service the 2nd day of our 3 day stay, which made the bathroom even tinnier.(In truth we DID see the maid around 6 PM on that Wednesday evening, but no service for us.)
Things to celebrate... Good breakfasts. Lots of fresh fruit,yogurts, milk & juice. The clever-est Waffle maker (only one tho) rather than 1 large waffle, it made 4 minis that cooked so quickly. The outdoor pool & deck were neat & inviting. The lobby was retro space age cool. The location was VERY convenient to Historic Savannah. And, quite importantly,the price was right.
As we packed up our car to drive north Thursday, we accidentally left behind a soft luggage bag (read paper grocery sack) with my husbands new Nike shoes inside. I contacted the hotel the next day & they helped me arrange to have the shoes sent home to us. They arrived today.
The property has great potential. A concerted effort toward customer service & "the little things" would go a long way toward overcoming the annoyances.

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff, the gorgeous lobby.Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding maintenance issues, and housekeeping on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all of our departments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

The Team at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown