“Updated and Fresh”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #70 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida. Although I wouldn't rate this Fairfield Inn as an upscale hotel, all of the decorating had been updated, and our room was reasonably spacious and comfortable. The lobby was definitely no-frills, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean and fresh-smelling. The breakfast buffet had adequate choices, and the staff was constantly replenishing items as they ran out. Perhaps the set-up could have been organized a little better, as the toaster was back in a corner and created a bottleneck. My only real complaint was that there were a lot of hotels at this exit and very few places to eat for dinner.

1  Thank Sheryl C

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just didn't seem like a Marriott. The room was small, but clean. The bed was fairly comfortable. The staff was excellent. That's the good part . . . now the rest. They have tried to spruce it up, but it seemed like a Super 8 or something like that. Nothing exceptional about the lobby, the room, or the food. We had booked 3 days, but left after 1. No place to put luggage. Thin walls. Cramped vanity space. One cheap little chair. It just didn't "feel" like any of the many Marriott properties we have stayed in. The food was average. Had a bagel and juice and left. I guess it might be a good value if you just need a bed and a shower . . . but we are used to much more in a Marriott property.

1  Thank R T K
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife, myself and my daughter stayed two nights (3/29-30/13) at the Fairfield Inn located in Pooler, Georgia. Check in was easy and the staff members on duty were friendly and informative about local events. At first glance, our room was fine; however, once we settled in, it became apparent that this hotel need some work. The towels in the bathroom were the thinnest I’ve ever encountered in a hotel – just thicker than paper towels. The bed was fine with sheets that fit and blankets and comforters that were appropriate for the current temperatures. Breakfast was not as well laid out as I would have expected from a Marriott property.

As we were checking out on Sunday, 3/31/13, the fire alarm sounded!! My wife and daughter were already in the car waiting for me as I was doing a last check of the room when the alarm sounded. No announcement was made regard the alarm and most guests stood in the hallway wondering what to do. I had to tell them they needed to get out of the building. As I passed the front desk – I overheard one of the staff say it was a false alarm – but still no PA announcement. I will not return to this hotel and could not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 1967foodie
Lorenzo872, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Greetings,

I am regretful that you had a less than perfect experience with us here at the Fairfield. It is always our goal to be of service to our guest, and to provide them with an enjoyable experience that makes them want to return to our hotel.
I would like to assure you that our commitment is to always be professional and to provide excellent customer service standards here at the Marriott. We apologize for your less than perfect experience with our communication system, and we hope you allow us the opportunity to make it up to you the next time you’re in Savannah, GA.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was small and the breakfast was not good and the price is to high. I left my charger in the room and they stole it from me. I recommend not to stay there when you leave things and go back to retrieve your items, they say the housekeeper did not turn nothing in.. I had to go buy another charger. The hotel cost me money do not stay, they will get you for your money and your things. The only thing i like about the hotel was you get to check out at 12 instead of 11..

Room Tip: Baymont Inn and Suites Savannah/Garden City 357 Main St Savannah GA Great service, great price, gr...
2  Thank Morumbasi
Lorenzo872, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Greetings,

I would like to assure you that our commitment is to always be professional and to provide excellent customer service standards here at the Marriott. We apologize for your less than perfect experience, and we hope you allow us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

under new management, rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was plentiful, front desk staff went out of their way to find us a HD dealer close by. They also recommended Sam Sneads for dinner and it was what we needed after a long day of travel. We will stay here again when we return.

Room Tip: Very comfortable, not much to look at, but near a few retail and other necessities. On a small lake...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MadShaw

Greetings,

We here at the Fairfield are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.It is always our goal to be of service to our guest, and to provide them with an enjoyable experience that makes them want to return to our hotel!

We hope to have you choose us again for your next in Savannah, GA.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stay here off and on for business if I can get a good rate. Sometime their rates are a lot higher then the Marriott's off of exit 94 so I do not stay every time I am in town but being close to the airport I can see for travelers why the price can be higher. Anyways overall this place is great I have stayed over 4 times, Newly remodeled rooms and pretty fancy for the Fairfield brand, the bathrooms do not appear to be remodeled but the rooms are well appointed. I will say though that the cleanliness of the rooms such as some rooms have chairs and couches and I notice stains etc. They need to do a little more spot check of the rooms to take care of those issues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Returning home from Florida and stopped at the Fairfield off of exit 104 on Interstate 95. the young lady behind the dest was alone and very busy with phones and guests. Cayla, and she was wonderful. she handled each person as if they were the only guests there, never got flustered and always smiling. She referred us to a great restraunt just down the street.
Breakfast was OK, they had a great selection but the attendant was so attentive. the dining area was clean but the weren't any tongs to serve teh bagels or muffins. and the waffle batter was empty. the attendant, when she did come out was pleasant and took care of the waffle batter when someone told her but no tongs or serving utensil for the bagels. she did spend some time on her cell phone which is rather unprofessional. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple