“Another great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #67 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Love this hotel. Right off of 95 and easy to get to.

Very clean and the staff is amazingly friendly. As I posted in my last review of this place - say hi to Thelma at the breakfast area. She's great. :-)

I find that Fairfield Inn is consistently good and will tend to seek them out as a nice, clean, safe place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Tired T ,

Thank you so much for the generous review. We work very hard at Fairfielod Inn & Suites,Savannah I-95 South to keep our guest happy and satisfied.We look forward to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My criteria is #1 - cleanliness, convenient, and affordable. This hotel was most pleasant to end the 12 hour drive coming south. We freshened up and were able to walk to a restaurant close by. The front desk personnel were pleasant and helpful and the breakfast bar was a pleasant surprise (not the normal junk served at some hotels).

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. We appriciate the good comments you made regarding our hotel. We look forward to any return satys you may have in the Savannah area and hope to accommodate you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

When travelling the I-95 corridor, I want clean, convenient and reasonably priced. This hotel met my criteria.

My only comment about the room us that a television station listing would have been nice to have. I called the front desk and learned the channel I was looking for. Upon check in (no reservations) I was told the pool area was being painted. Made no difference to me.

There are many restaurant choices at Exit 104. Longhorn had a 30 min wait so we went to FATZ. Also filled up with gas near the restaurant so that we could get a quick start in the morning.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Layne O ,

Thank you for taking time to complete the review on Tripadvisor.We look forward to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Really enjoyed. Good location. Small outlet mall accross the street. Not far from downtown. Good restaurants close by. The shell house seafood was good but I thought expensive, 35.00 for a seafood combo/feast. 2 PEOPLE CAN SHARE.
As far as the 2 recommendations: check the chemicals in the pool and spa daily. After the boy died with the brain eating bacteria from the public pool, im very cautious with my children. The pool was cloudy. The staff was awesome and came down and put chemicals in the pool and closed it temporarily. Good service!!! Also, I really wish they would create a few double Queen room suites w fridge and micro, if possible. That would make everything perfect. Jasmine at the front desk is so NICE AND HELPFUL. Great customer service! Breakfast is extensive. Lobby is stylish and kinda retro. Very cosmopilitan. I like it. You will enjoy it here. Lots to do. Take the Oglethorpe trolley tour of Savannah, $19.00. On and off til 5:30 at many stops. Savannah is Amazing with history!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 915Tara0707

Dear 915 Tara ,

Thank you for the review.We appreciate your recommendations and assure you proper steps will be taken.We look forward to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family and I stayed here on our way down to FL. We had a late check-in and we were the last guests to arrive. The place was booked solid and I got the last parking spot! The check-in clerk was so nice and a pure joy to work with. I can not remember her name now, but I bragged on her the next morning to management. My baby would not go to sleep and he drank all of his milk, so I was asking her where I could go buy some, it was midnight, and she gave me some from the breakfast fridge. The beds were fine, everything was clean, the rooms were a little smaller then I like, but you can tell it was an older building that had been renovated(still working in the lobby) My only complaint is irrelevant, it was way crowded! The place was booked, no place to sit at breakfast, this is a good thing for the hotel. I WOULD stay here again. Looks much better then most of the hotels at that exit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TheSunburntTraveler
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your your review on Trip Advisor. We appriciate the great comments.
We look forward to any return trips you may have to the Savannah Area.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I normally don't write reviews for hotels within the US but this one, I felt the need to.

When traveling within the US, I pretty much stay at a Marriott property which is one of my favorite brands but this one left me disappointed. Upon entering the lobby, they were still completing some renovation that looks as if it should have already been completed, but no problem I thought. We checked into our room around 9pm which was not a suite as we had thought so this was going to be an issue for us as we needed the extra space, microwave and refrigerator. We spoke with the person at the front desk who told us they could switch us the next day, so we agreed. Once we entered back into our room, we discovered a large roach crawling on the ceiling. A no, no for me as I have a small child. Went back to the front desk to inform them of the issue, and they moved us to a new room, (a suite) which they told us they didn't have for the night but there just happen to be a cancellation within the 15 minutes we had spoken to them. The new room was better although the knob was broken off the closet, making it almost impossible to get into it. Lucky for us, we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel room. I will say the front desk operator/staff needs to inform guests of their charges upon check-in. I was not informed of the deposit amount for incidentals until I inquired about it. This should be part of the check-in process.

On the brighter side, the staff was accommodating and the lady who does the breakfast is one of the most polite and patient person I met. She went over and beyond and went out her way to speak and check on each person at breakfast to see if they needed anything.

I believe the lobby will look great once the renovation is complete but I am not sure if I would stay at this particular property again.

Room Tip: Be sure to verify the room type and there is only one elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 3rdworldtraveler
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear 3rdworldtraveler ,

Thank you so much for taking time for the review.I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation this time.Yes,the lobby will look wonderful pretty soon and we would like to have you back to our property again to serve you better.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here for a family reunion on July 25-27. When first looking for a hotel in the area, this one appeared to be farther away from where we needed to be. It was in a great location at the end of Abercorn. This turned out to be a blessing in surprise. Most of the family events were held on the Army base and this hotel was only 10-15 minutes away. They are undergoing some minor renovations, but the place is very clean. The staff, both front desk and housekeeping were very warm and ultra friendly. They provided a breakfast that was a nice touch. The hotel was full the entire weekend and parking was a little tight, but never really a problem. I would definitely stay here again the next time I come to Savannah.

Room Tip: The King suites are very spacious, with televisions in the living room area and the bedroom
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Reggie H
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Reggie H ,

Thank you for your kind and generous response.We look forward to serving you again in near future.

Sincerly,