“Nice Stay”

Ranked #65 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our return trip to Arizona from Florida. Everything was pretty good. The employees were fantastic. We were surprised at the chili cheese dogs available in the buffet room, for dinner. On pretzel roll buns!

The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the pillows fantastic.

The only minor negatives.....
Whoever installed the shower curtain did not know what they were doing. The ends of the rod went uphill, causing the curtain to roll open. It was impossible to keep closed. I thought I was on Candid Camera! I had to shower with one hand trying to hold it shut. We were in room 105.
The other negative was it was a flat panel television, with no HD channels.
That sucked, as the Olympics were on.
Oh, and after we left, my wife realized she had left a couple of her cell phone batteries on the bed. I called the hotel, and the desk clerk said she had them and would mail them to our home! Thanks so much.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dbax
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us your comments and feedback are greatly appriciated
I want you to know I have passed the comment about the shower curtain rod on to my Maintanace so that we can take care of the shower curtain rod. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to any stays you may have with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This is where I always stay in Savannah. I'm an elite member and this hotel has never disappointed me. I'm currently staying here for four nights. Check-in was very quick. After a 7 hour drive, that was most helpful. "Jennie" checked me in and she thanked me for being an elite member and was very personable. She made the call to the room to make sure I was comfortable. I missed seeing Thelma at breakfast this morning. I did notice she had a well deserved award situated on a counter at the breakfast area. So far my experience here has not disappointed me. Will review again after checkout. The room is very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank EssEmmArr
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I want to thank you so much for choosing our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Savannah, Ga. You are a valued guest and I thank you for the wonderful comments made on Trip advisor.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed for one night with family for a day trip to Savannah & we chose this location because it was significantly cheaper than staying downtown. Every employee with whom we had contact was friendly, helpful & efficient. To name a few, Cindy & Michelle made impressions by going out of their way to be considerate of our needs. We were very pleased with the customer service & pleasantly surprised by the amenities. The breakfast included yummy healthy options and more carbalicious goodies: waffles, bagels, cereals, boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage, scrambled eggs, etc. The coffee was fresh & well-made. The fitness center is small (3 different cardio machines), but clean. The pool is indoor & lukewarm with a nearby jacuzzi! The location feels safe & staff are conscientious of security, securing the automatic door during evening hours. There is no charge for parking. There are multiple dining options within walking distance, & Walmart is minutes away via car. There's free wifi & it's approx. 15 minutes to historic Savannah-we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We were 3 rooms from the pool & could hear kids playing; this was not a big deal but may be a co...
Green Features: Towel & sheet conservation option at guest's preference
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I want to thank you and your family for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Savannah, Georgia for your lodging accomidations. I also want to thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience on the Trip Advisor your great comments mean a great deal to myself and my staff. We look forward to any future stays you may have to the Savannah area.
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed here during the Savannah marathon. We had a group of 6 with two rooms. Even though we had booked separately, they went out of their way to find us two rooms next to each other. The rooms had plenty of space, were clean and the beds are some of the softest you can find. The continental breakfast was quite fulfilling, had plenty of selection, just make sure you time it right, it can become crowded. All the employees were helpful on restaurant request and places to visit as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you and your family for staying with us and for the great comments made on our Trip advisor page. I look forward to any return stays you may have to the Savannah area.
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on our stop through Savannah, GA, staying at the Fairfield Inn Savannah/I-95 South. The hotel was well kept; very clean. The stay was made particularly special due to the sweet lady that worked the breakfast area in the morning. Thelma...what a kind, sweet, caring woman. So helpful, so kind. She is the epitome of southern hospitality and exactly what was needed after seemingly endless hours of driving with two small children following a looonnnnggg week at Disney World. There seems to be so little of what Thelma exudes left in our world anymore. We should all strive to be even just a little bit more like her every single day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jjjordaniii
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The room was clean but not above average in any means. Service was wonderful and breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had! Would stay again for the great breakfast. Nice location right off I-95.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank sandy565
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the first time stay in this hotel but I was impressed with the help we received from a young lady when we checked in late Sunday night after Thanksgiving. She came up to our room and helped us get our TV working which she found was accidentally unplugged from the back of the set. In the morning we were greeting but another young lady with the sweetest disposition that was handling twenty things at once, all being cool, calm and collected. Both girls were very professional and enthusiastic. We also ran into a women on there cleaning staff that was also very helpful! What a pleasant surprise after a very busy and hectic holiday. One more thing, the heat/cooling system was clean and fresh and allowed outside air to come in. System did not give off the stale odor you always dread at hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family