“Average Property with Above-Average Breakfast Attendant”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #62 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Check-In: My husband and I stayed at this property for one night on the way to Florida. There was an attendant at the desk when we checked in and she did an OK job of checking us in. There wasn't anything particularly memorable or special about the check-in experience.
Room: I was shocked that a new-ish hotel would not be equipped with refrigerators/microwaves in every room. Unfortunately, we did not have either in our guest room.
The room was quiet and there was no outside noise that I noticed. However, I would suggest some darker curtains, as the sheers we had did a terrible job of blocking out the interstate lights and signs.
THE SAVING GRACE: Thelma! Thelma did an excellent job in the breakfast room by keeping it clean and attending to the needs of the guests. That being said, the breakfast was sub-par comparatively to other Fairfield Inn properties I have visited. Although it was the same fare at the other properties, the muffins were still partially frozen and the sausage patties were still pink. Thelma's friendliness definitely made up for it, though.
Check-out: The check-out experience was terrible! The desk attendant was on a personal phone call (on the hotel phone), in addition to texting on his cell phone. Although he did pause his phone call to talk to me (how KIND!), this was still unacceptable activity for a front desk attendant at this time in the morning (It was around 9:00 am). I felt very neglected by him. He definitely lacked confident service.
Room Attendant: Michelle was our room attendant. I can't attest to how well she cleaned the room because we checked out after one night, but we did meet her in the elevator and she was very nice!
Overall: This was an average experience with some nice moments. The staff is hit or miss, and there are definitely some bad apples. Room was clean, and property was easy to find off the interstate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stopped here for a night with my hubby and my dad. We got the king studio which had the king bed and a pull out sofa. The sofa was in a separate area which offered some privacy but the area is separated by a half wall only. This was totally adequate for one night but a longer stay would start to feel cramped pretty quickly.
The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast is standard fare, good and filling. The breakfast attendant Thelma was unfailingly cheery greeting everyone who arrived and making sure everyone had a table and enough to eat. She certainly puts a smile on your face in the morning.
Easy access from I95. Decent restaurants in the area for dinner.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Comfortable room. No fridge or microwave, which was a surprise, given that the last Fairfield stop had one. Strange checki-in experience...no one at the desk for 15 minutes while 5 sets of guests lined up. Best thing was the breakfast, eggs (with salsa available, sausage, fresh oatmeal with brown sugar, nuts, raisins available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent the night here as a stopover on our way to Florida. Check-in was smooth, fast, and pleasant. We had a King room that was clean and comfortable. I did not notice items mentioned by other reviewers; it seemed to be in good shape and I didn't really notice any wear. My only comment on the room was the sheets were a little scratchy. Breakfast was good and as some have mentioned Thelma is quite the personality. She greeted everyone with much enthusiasm and made it her mission to make sure you felt welcome and your needs were met. I felt the price was reasonable and it was a good value. We would definitely stop here again on a future trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CynthiaM1212
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have definately paid less for much better hotel rooms, the hotel is in great need of updating of carpets furniture, paint and bathrooms and all other updating that only can be done by Marriott corporate...however the staff were exceptional especially thelma and a lady that worked the night shift, unfortunately I didn't catch her name but she was so kind and welcoming we felt at ease after a long drive from the north. Thelma genuinely enjoys helping people and is a great asset to the Marriott, I hope she gets the credit she deserves for excellent customer service and people skills..so not my favorite hotel but would consider staying again because of the amazing staff

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The rooms are average and for the most part clean. The problem is that the staff lacks direction and apparently does not have the tools to do their job correctly. On our last stay which was September 13th and 14th we had a comp room for 1 night and used points for the other. The room was clean but we did have to have maintenance fix the TV. The tub leaked all of the time. In addition the hot tub was still out of order. We had stayed here 2 weeks to the day and it was not working then. In addition we encountered the lack of diet soda in the lobby for purchase as well as the vending machines. They were sold out. The same as our last stay. On Friday at 7pm there we no cookies out for the people staying at the hotel. They had them on Saturday. When I was on the lobby on Sunday morning getting breakfast I over herd a conservation between housekeeping and the desk clerk about a guest sleeping on the lobby couch. No what I or any guest wants or needs to hear. When it is all said and done the staff try's and they are friendly but it is apparent that they lack the leadership needed to want people to stay at the Marriott. Good Price Nice Location but lacking the leadership that all Marriotts are suppose to offer

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Room was clean and spacious. Staff was courteous and supportive. Wish we had initially book here for our vacation after our
original stay at Hawthorne hotel (exit 104 off of Rt 95). Location make it easy enough to get to downtown Savannah. We enjoyed our stay.....

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M B
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with our hotel and for taking the time to post a review regarding your experince. I look forward to any future stays you may have with us.