“Ok, clean but basic rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #63 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time in a Fairfield Inn. This was an older hotel on the highway. Bed comfortable. Place was clean but corners of room and bath could have been cleaner. Breakfast was ok. Overall, place was ok for a one night stay on the highway. But I have been in better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 5, 2013

It started with me calling the front desk to ask about what channel HBO was on since the guide in the room indicated one that was not working. The response I got was "I don't know; I have satellite TV."
After 3 tries to get the TV to work I was told it was the weekend and no one was working at Comcast to fix it. But the front desk would get back to us - they never did.
Fridge was dirty, shower water pressure anemic and never received a bill prior to checkout. Was not acknowledged by the clerk when I dropped off the keys because the clerk was too busy chatting up a friend (who was blocking the drive-up with her car).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dwdwWausau_Wi
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 young children (ages 6 & 4) while we were on our way to Walt Disney World. This was a great hotel choice and was conveniently located right off of I-95. The hotel was very, very clean and appeared to be very safe. The morning breakfast was free and included sausage and eggs. Check-in and check-out were both fast and efficient. The rate was very reasonable! The hotel is also located near several fast-food restaurants and gas stations. I certainly recommend this hotel and would stay there again!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and had one of the worse experiences ever. The room was not well-maintained and I could hear all the noise from nearby rooms as if they were in my room. There was a loud party that went on from midnight till 5am. I got no rest and no one stopped them. I will never come back and will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Erica W
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I chose this hotel because of previous high ratings and a fair price. But I was very disappointed. First at check-in there was no staff at the front desk, just a note asking us to be patient the clerk would return shortly. After a 10 minute wait, the clerk checked us in and gave us the last room in the hotel. It was next to the elevator. Entering the room it was very hot so I turned on the AC which started to rumble like an old washing machine. And the noise continued all night! In the morning at checkout, once again there was no staff at the front desk; I always like to reconfirm the bill at checkout. But after waiting 15 minutes, I just left the room key on the desk and left.
Over all the room was poor and the service was unacceptable. But the price was fair. If you like to be inconvenienced, this is the place for you. But if you expect reasonable service, look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Arrive early and if you get a bad room, ask to be changed to a quite room.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When getting off I95 South, Don't make you first immediate left or you will end up back on I95. the hotel is right in the middle of other hotels and PLENTY of resturants! Checkin was quick and easy, parking was easy, hotel is clean, great indoor pool and to start your travel, they offer a great choice of breakfasts (the lady serving breakfast was REALLY nice too). For a quick stayover close to 95, I give this place A++++ rating. No complaints!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was the second Fairfield Inn we stayed in on a recent trip to visit family. The front desk staff at this particular property was very professional and accommodating. We had been given a room and within 15 minutes of being in the room (one overnight stay after a long days travel and another one the following day) realized we were in an adjoining room with more than one small child next door. We knew a restful night was unlikely so we gathered our bags and went back to the front desk where they moved us to another room and were very apologetic. The second room was fine. The Fairfield Inn properties could cater to their female quests better by providing at least one floor length mirror. I pulled my back bending over the sink to get close enough to the mirror to apply my makeup. This seems to be a consistent omission at the Fairfields since I don't recall this at other Marriott properties.
Mattresses were not great at this property. The free breakfast is horrible if you have any dietary restrictions such as gluten free. Your choices are very limited and if you need to stick with eggs, the carton egg mix used is tragic. We actually went to the Cracker Barrel next door.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple