“There may be other better options in the Gateway area.”

Days Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway/I-95 and 204
Ranked #102 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Hartford, CT
“There may be other better options in the Gateway area.”
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Days Inns Savannah Gateway since we had two Elite Rewards vouchers and could not get into the Inn at Ellis Square, a Days hotel in the Historic District. The outside of the building was updated, but walking from the lobby to our room on the second floor the hotel shows it is not very well maintained with its worn and peeling paint in all the walkways and stair areas. The furniture was okay. The sheer curtain rod feel down when I pulled on the pull rod. I called for repair, but it was never fixed. The wallpaper border was peeling in the bathroom area. We forgot to remove the Do Not Disturb sign from the door when we left for the morning. However, the maid came in and removed the dirty bath towels, but didnt replace them or make up the bed when she saw the room was empty. We changed rooms that night to discover that in the new room the fiberglass tub was badly stained and looked dirty (though it seemed as clean as possible).

We would suggest trying one of the many other chain hotels in the same area. We saw other chain hotels in the area advertise rooms at rates as low as $49.

• Stayed April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Pleasuretraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Albany, GA
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I spent a total of 3 nights in the Days Inns and was not a satisfied
customer. The reservation was listed under T. Hall of Albany Georgia. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were put up in a room that had a big hole in the wall, wallpaper border taped up and falling from the walls. The ceiling in the bathroom was in a shambles where the plaster was dropping from it.Due
to this complaint, we were moved to another room the next morning. This room was somewhat better but the housekeeping in my particular area was terrible.She had a very bad attitude and was not responsive to the customers she served. First of all, we had the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door but the maid proceeding to bam on the door as hard and loud as she could.We told her to come back later.When we left for the day, we removed the sign from the door and placed it in the room so there would be no mistake in our room not getting cleaned.Also the maid saw us when we left for the day. When we returned about 9:30pm, we were upset to find that our room had not been
cleaned at all.There were no fresh towels, facecloths, etc... This was totally unsat.We proceeded to the front desk to complain but could not get any satisfaction due to the manager not being there.I feel as though we should have had a "FREE" night on the maid in as much as she did not do her job as expected.We were not the only customers to have complaints about the condition of the rooms.There were several other before us that complained
and one other that we saw after us.From my stay here, I have vowed that I will NEVER stay at another Day's Inn and will write my comment on the site and give this hotel a 1/2 star.I also plan on writing TRIP REWARDS and provide them my comments to let them know that the star rating given to this hotel incorrect and should not be referred to its members.I hope that you will take our feedback and make some corrections at this specific hotel.I
also hope that you would make some amends to us as well. This should have never happened and the customer should have been put first.

Please don't stay at this hotel because it is a dump. Look good on the outside but crummy on the inside. There are other hotels in the general area that are much better and also some new ones being built.

3 Thank sweetd4u

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

albany, ga
Reviewed April 7, 2007

I recently stayed at the Days Inn on Gateway Boulevard. This was the worst stay I have ever had. The floors was nasty, the walls were nasty, the ceiling falling in and there were holes in the wall. We complained and they moved up to another room and guess what same same, I will not stay there or another Days Inn again. In order to walk to our room we had to walk by the nasty stinky trash dumpster. The pictures on the internet looks good, but don't be fooled like we were. The only reason I stayed there thru my entire trip is because I booked through triprewards.com and could not get my money back.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank exployer123
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2006

Beware... my family and I used to go out of our way to stop at the Comfort Inn and Suites at 6 Gateway Blvd in Savannah... wolnt happen anymore! This place advertises an exercise room but doesnt tell you that everything is broken and dangerous to use. They say they have a game room... well not anymore! The indoor heated pool and hot tub... well 98 degrees and a chemical bath, but amazingly, still dirty. Admittedly, the rooms are nicely furnished but filthy and in ill-repair. TV's not working, broken sheetrock, mold on ceiling (room 147), and etc... When these problems where broght to managements attention no action was taken and no concessions where made in order to improve our stay... At 8:30 in the evening we were told that if we were'nt happy we had 15 minutes to collect our things and check out despite the hotels "Satisfaction Guarentee". One final note, this is a "Choice hotel" and folks need to know what I learned... that Choice is only a third party marketing company, not an owner or operator, therefore cannot in any way substantiate or effect the quality (or lack there of) of the hotels that they endorse. Choice is no choice at all, I urge you to make a different "Choice", it couldnt possibly be worse!

• Stayed February 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2005

The Comfort Inn and Suites on Gateway Blvd is locates just off Interstate 95. This is a great place to spend the night if you are on a long road trip. There's an indoor pool in case if inclement weather and a Cracker Barrel right behind the hotel.
This is not a place to spend a honeymoon or a week long vacation but it is well worth the money. The FREE breakfast alone makes it worthwhile!

• Stayed November 2004
1 Thank ejinks1034
Orlando, FL
Reviewed June 5, 2005

My husband and I stopped at the Comfort Inn and Suites off I-95 in Savannah on Thursday, June 2, 2005. We selected a King Suite and were charged a little over $100.00 for one night. The lobby was nice and we expected the room would be as well. Surprise! We had to use shoulder power and force the door to the suite open. Once inside I noticed half-burnt candles were left in the room, obviously to cover the terrible oder throughout the suite. Lamp shades were tilted, furniture was old and dirty, the room was dark and musty, carpets were badly stained. In the bathroom, we found rusted faucets, and when I closed the bathroom door, I found a pair of dirty underwear on the floor! The ice bucket had mold under the lid. Doors hung off the cabinets in the kitchen. There was a terrible oder and I was just too afraid to open the refrigerator. We immediately asked for our money back. The front desk clerk laughed when I told him what happened, pointed to a survey card and told me to send it in. Needless to say, I won't stay at another Comfort Inn.

5 Thank MEEZERPLEASER
wisconsin
Reviewed May 17, 2005

1st of all I would like to say, that the staff were very nice, but when we finally got our room we had requested nonsmoking and recieved a smoking room. WHen asked why they indicated "the Travel Agent" booked it and I informed them "I AM THE TRAVEL AGENT AND I REQUESTED A NONSMOKING ROOM" We did finally get our nonsmoking room. everything went well but, we were disappointed that Comfort Inn and Stes.was not EXACTLY in the Historical District but, outside next a housing project, and next the highway! There were several homeless people around the area and it was a hike to the city market and the historical district.

I got back to the hotel before sun down as I didnt feel safe coming back any later due to the area.

The last day of the trip, when airport shuttle showed up the staff sent them away instead of trying to see if a customer had called for one. Unless you have a car I wouldnt suggest staying at this property. The nearest on site place to eat was at the doubletree 3 - 4 blocks away.

• Stayed May 2005