“The room was non-smoking but smelled of smoke - they should...”

Days Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway/I-95 and 204
Ranked #102 of 113 Hotels in Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wade
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Was surprised to see such quality and friend serve from this hotel chain. I have one complaint. The mattress in my room was very soft and lumpy and therefore I only got 3 hurs of much needed sleep. Please do something about that mattress,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gmgateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway/I-95 and 204, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

Front office manager Michelle -We are taking action in your request, we are buying new mattresses for all rooms thank you so much for your input hope to see you again soon !
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First things first we were really excited our room had a Jacuzzi tub, until we tried it. The jets work for maybe 30 seconds if you're lucky then you'll hear a click and the jets will turn off. You then have to get out, open the box and hit the reset button on the outlet for the jets to work for another 30 seconds max, you have to continue doing this every time you want the jets on. Secondly, the stopper was broken and you had to use a wash cloth to slow the water from draining out. Ok, donw wanna use then tub so want to take a shower? Good luck! They fixed the handle to not go past luke warm so no hot shower for you! Thirdly that breakfast was TERRIBLE! We stayed two nights only ate breakfast the first day when we didn't know. Hardly any variety to choose from. I only thought they had milk or coffee to drink which I like neither. After leaving the breakfast area I noticed thwy do have a juice machine for breakfast, located in a different room and not even visible to those in the eating area. Fourthly the pool! We were in room 105 the pool was maybe 20 feet outside our door. So room are located in the enclosed area as the pool meaning when swimmers are playing and yelling the rolm echos and in return you hear the noise as if they are in your room! There are several notes saying pool closes at 10pm but no one enforces that rule! First night well after midnight before it quieted down. Second night at 1030 I had enough! We were trying to sleep because we had a long drive the next day. I go to the front desk the lady said the pool closes at 11 I even mentioned all the postings that its 10 she said no. Ok I go back to our room 10 min later it seems they have gotten even louder! I go back up front and ask if she can at least tell them to lower their voices. When I got up there it seemed she was getting a call from another guest about the loudness of the pool too. Thankfully she just went ahead and told them the pool was closed so by 1045 it was some what quiet. Another down fall is that the area echos so badly, people walk from one side to the other but to do so must go through the pool area using the gates which slam such extremely hard and you are hearing it all night long! I was so happy to leave in the morning. We left first thing didn't bother with breakfast again! They also need to upgrade everything in the room. The tv is a 20" box tv, microwave an old turn nob. I never write reviews for hotels, my experience was bad enough I'm taking the time to inform other guests. BEWARE!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jennbadaszewski
gmgateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway/I-95 and 204, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

Front manager Michelle - I am truly sorry for the experience you had with us, We are taking action in improving our hotel everyday. We are replacing all hot tubs with new ones in the rooms, also about the showers we did fix the problem in all rooms as well, as far as breakfast we are working on improving the selection of food we have. Thank you so much for your input about your stay i hope you change your mind about staying with us, promising you 100% guest satisfaction next time.