“An awful stay”

Ranked #101 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ontario, Canada
“An awful stay”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight Dec 27th on our drive to Florida.I don''t normally complain but this was an absolutely awful hotel. We were in room 101, the pullout bed''s mattress was destroyed and could not be slept on plus there were used baby wipes in it! I went to the front to complain, the gal was always on the phone. She was receiving many complaints from other guests and I see why ! She knew about the mattress yet they booked us into this room anyway, ridiculous. She gave us another room free of charge for my mom and brother to sleep in which I thought was nice until we received the room The sheets had not been changed and had stains on them and there was used food still in the mini fridge so obviously this room had not been cleaned.The pool and it''s area was filthy. I was appalled and disgusted.I have never stayed in such a disgusting hotel. I will think twice about staying at a Days Inn again. The only good thing I have to say is about the gal who worked the desk when we checked in, she was very nice and helpful when we asked about local sight seeing. The nighttime clerk seemed to really hate her job but then again with constant complaints from guests I'd be stressed out too ! The continental breakfast was okay with plenty of food for everyone. There are many hotels in this area though so do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sherslad2
gmgateway, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway/I-95 and 204, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest –
Thank you for staying at days inn , I do apologies for the inconvenience , I already took action to improve our cleanliness standard , also we replace the broken sofa bed with new one . Again I do apologies for inconvenience we will try our best to make you happy in future .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Byron, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked two regular rooms through priceline and when we got there our reservations were not in the system. The hotel upgraded us to two king suites at no extra charge. The suites were large and comfortable. There was some minor cosmetic damage to the wall behind the door but nothing major. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience, we hope to see you here next time. we will try our best to make your stay batter in future .
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Clean rooms were all we can say good about this.

Towels were thin. Hot tub broke. Breakfast left alot to be desired.

Location was nice but there seems to be better choices in this area.

Next time I'll look into one of the other 20 or so hotels in this area.

Room Tip: Plenty of good places nearby to eat.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rest_stop_11
Dear Guest,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We try our best to post on our website and notify guest while checking in if there is any maintenance which is being done to our hot tub or poor.